Ninfourteener's Progress Thread + Pics - Page 21
+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 59 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on Ninfourteener's Progress Thread + Pics within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by jpjester Heres the thing: Every car is different, doesn't matter if you have two identical year and ...

Quote Originally Posted by jpjester View Post
    Heres the thing:
    Every car is different, doesn't matter if you have two identical year and model cars next to eachother. Every car reacts differently to a Custom ProTune....

I dare you to go get a protune and come back unhappy.
    Tuner told me the same thing about the AP maps, to get the most out it, you nee to have a tune to adjust it to the unique spec of your car.
    Sleeper stylie...gt30 + tmic

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    Incorrect. I'm at 6000 feet. Our best numbers were at 16.8lbs of boost on the aggressive tune. Because of our extreme temperature and barometric changes, it's a great idea to have a street tune. I'm assuming you don't live in a city that varies 4k feet in a half hour drive, varies from -30 to 115 degrees in seasonal changes, and can change barometric pressure 5psi in a moments notice.
    I will have to pay attention to this...when i drive from phx to flagstaff, the temp will change 30 degrees or so and the elevation goes from 1200 to 6800+

Quote Originally Posted by jpjester View Post
    Heres the thing:
    Every car is different, doesn't matter if you have two identical year and model cars next to eachother. Every car reacts differently to a Custom ProTune.

Cobbs OTS Stage Maps are generic maps, ment to be capatible across the board. Therefore your car currently is not optimizing the aftermarket parts on that car to 100% either way you look at it, because of the generic tune.

Now go and get a Protune, and every bit of those aftermarket parts is being optimized to 100% of their ability. You also have several minor modifications here and there that aren't covered in the Cobb OTS Stage maps. A protune will help all of your aftermarket parts work together to get the most HP and Torque out of your car.

I dare you to go get a protune and come back unhappy.
    Sums it up nicely
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

Using E85 would be great, but i bet it would cost a decent amount just to get your car adjusted to the ethanol fuel.

"Supreme Subaphile Extraordinairre" ninefourteener's Avatar
    Jeez..... you guys are relentless---LOL

Ok..... I started working on the Brat again last night, so I want to at least finish the dashboard before I go to St. Louis in a couple weeks.

When i get back... I'll call Cobb and see if I can set something up...... you guys talk a lot of smack.... but I don't see any dyno sheets--LOL

(Just kiddin)

I'll post up some when I have it done
    2006 Subaru WRX-Thread: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine-modifications/165158-ninfourteeners-progress-thread-pics.html
    1978 Subaru BRAT-Thread: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine...ss-thread.html
    2007 Subaru B9Tribeca Ltd (PSM)........1994 Subaru SVX LSi(SOLD)
    WRX 12 sec drag (vs. late model Camaro SS):http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw0vWdD2cjU
    WRX track racing (catching a stg.2 WRX): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mELeSD1Mi08
    Co-Founder/retired Admin-www.slcsubaru.com

Quote Originally Posted by ninefourteener View Post

Ok..... I started working on the Brat again last night, so I want to at least finish the dashboard before I go to St. Louis in a couple weeks.

When i get back... I'll call Cobb and see if I can set something up...... you guys talk a lot of smack.... but I don't see any dyno sheets--LOL

(Just kiddin)

HA! You called me out, I will produce sir! I will do better then just the Dyno Sheet, How about the Full 5 Minute Video of all my tunes and what a world of difference occurs.

ProTune at 311WHP @ 290Max Torque
    As a result of the amount of power the Car was making, I blew my clutch on the Dyno. I had the Exedy Stage 1 Clutch installed AFTER the Video. I was told the car could of made much more power, with the new Clutch Installed by the Tuner. Never had it retuned since then.

My Modifications at the Time:
    Engine Modifications:
    18G Deadbolt Zilla Turbo
    STI Top Mount Intercooler
    STI Hoodscoop to STI Intercooler Air Duct
    Perrin WRX to STI Intercooler Hose Kit
    Power Enterprise 650 cc Injectors
    Greddy Recirculating Blow-Off Valve Type-RS
    Walbro 255 Fuel Pump
    SPT Short Ram Intake
    Cobb Light Main Pulley
    Invidia Up-Pipe
    Invidia Catless Down-Pipe
    Invidia G200 Exhaust
    Exedy Stage 1 Clutch
    TurboSmart Boost Controller - Needed at Tune due to PilL Issue, Never Touched Since Tuner Adjusted. Watch the video to learn more. Would never put one in, unless needed, pointless.
    NGK Iridium Spark Plugs
    Cobb Accessport V2.0

Exterior Modifications:
    Windows Tinted by GVautospot at 40% (Legal)
    STI Hood Scoop
    STI Fog Light Covers

Interior Modifications:
    MoMo Subaru Shift Knob
    Defi Gauge Housing (Painted Professonally to Match Interior) Removed the in dash cup holder and installed there.
    Defi-Link Control Unit II
    Defi Amber Boost Gauge
    Defi Amber EGT Gauge
    Defi Amber Oil Pressure Gauge

Total Amount spent on Professional Modifications: $7639.00 over 1 Year of Owning the Vehicle

I then sold the car about 2 months after getting all that work done and having it tuned, to pay off my college loans to make me completly debt free.

Then I bought my 2009 Subaru WRX Hatchback, just a week ago. The project begins again! lol
    Pictures found here:
    2009 Subaru WRX - a set on Flickr
    Last edited by jpjester; 05-07-2009 at 01:49 PM.
    Previous Subarus:
    2004 Subaru WRX, 18G Deadbolt Zilla setup w/ Supporting Mods
    2009 Subaru WRX Hatchback Stock!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by STiled View Post
    Is that 252 at the wheels? Yeah we have crap gas here in phx (az in general i think). East cost / midwest area gets 93 octane no? wish we had that.
    252.8whp and 265wtq (just looked at the sheet )
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by STiled View Post
    Using E85 would be great, but i bet it would cost a decent amount just to get your car adjusted to the ethanol fuel.
    The biggest cost is the injectors. Otherwise it's the same cost as a tune. My tuner said that he would max my tune out at 3hrs cost even if it went more, and that's for 2 tunes. 91 on new inj and e85.
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

wow thats better than i thought. Gota friend who pushes 350hp out of his 87 GLI (amount actually appiled to the ground is limited by the front wheel drive unfortunately) but he has a piggy back fuel system that pumps ethanol into the 1.8 I4. Has around 25lbs of boost, yeah crazy! And that motor was never designed for a turbo.

(Just kiddin)

No comments to my big response lol
    Previous Subarus:

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    252.8whp and 265wtq (just looked at the sheet )
    STILED: That was on pump gas at 6000ft, 16.8psi, 75 degree day, on a DynoDynamics dyno.
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

Although I'm disappointed with the part, I must admit, the whiteline company has been extremely helpful, and with very little effort, is sending me another set of endlinks.

Here is the email correspondence:

Me: Hello,
    >>
    >> I'm writing with the hopes that you will somehow provide some kind of
    >> clarification regarding your product. I purchased a brand new set of
    >> Whiteline front and rear endlinks for my 2006 Subaru WRX
    >> approximately
    >> 3 weeks ago.
    >>
    >> In preparation for an upcoming track meet, I combined them with a
    >> brand new set of Cobb 25mm swaybars.
    >>
    >> Within the first 10 minutes on the track, the bushing was ripped
    >> completely out of the left front endlink, and left me essentially
    >> with no suspension for the rest of the day.
    >>
    >> I will be happy to provide you with receipts, pictures of the
    >> installation, and pictures of the current state if you like. However, I think as a company of your caliber
    >> and reputation, you should send me another set.
    >>
    >> Eagerly anticipating your response

Whiteline: >> Can we please see some pics if possible so we can assist?
    >> And also who
    >> you purchased from and your full address.

Me: I've attached 2 pictures of the current left
    > front endlink as of Saturday, May 2nd. (also on the 3rd page of the
    > same thread listed above) My address is:
    > SSgt Matthew T. XXXXXXX
    XXXXXXXXXXX
    > Once again, thank you for your prompt attention in this matter.
    > Regards,
    > Matt XXXXXX

Whiteline: > Hi Matt,
    > Did you purchase KLC30 or KLC32?
    > Regards
    > John Leighton
    > Redranger
    > NOLATHANE / WHITELINE

Me: Hello Mr. Leighton, They were the KLC32, for the wrx sedan or sti, not for
    the wagon or gc

Whiteline: Hi Judy,

Do you have KLC32 in stock to help Matt FOC?

Whiteline rep: Matt,

I will ship a new KLC32 to you today and e-mail the tracking information to
    you as soon as it is available. Please let me know if you have any
    questions.

Thank-you,
    Judy Boone
    Global Performance Parts

Me: Thank you Judy!

... And thank you Mr. Leighton - I think your willingness to replace this part easily and quickly is a direct reflection of the high caliber of the whiteline company - Thank you.

Respectfully,

Matt XXXXXX
    2006 Subaru WRX-Thread: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?t=165158
    WRX 12 sec drag (vs. late model Camaro SS):http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw0vWdD2cjU
    WRX track racing (catching a stg.2 WRX): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mELeSD1Mi08

Well, I followed the instructions exactly on the whiteline endlinks.... but maybe the directions just suck.

I thought they were fine.... but I decided to take Brody's advice.

I used a series of washers on the kartboys.... I also installed them while the car was on a set of ramps (instead of the suspension hanging)

I used as many washers as I felt appropriate to get the endlinks straight up and down, while the suspension was compressed (driving setting)

My camera died after the first picture.... but they both look llike this:

Just as a basis of comparison.... here was the whiteline endlink installed (according to their directions) the first time around:

2006 Subaru WRX-Thread: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?t=165158

Well, I followed the instructions exactly on the whiteline endlinks.... but maybe the directions just suck.

I used a series of washers on the kartboys.... I also installed them while the car was on a set of ramps (instead of the suspension hanging)

I used as many washers as I felt appropriate to get the endlinks straight up and down, while the suspension was compressed (driving setting)

My camera died after the first picture.... but they both look llike this:

Just as a basis of comparison.... here was the whiteline endlink installed (according to their directions) the first time around:

Well going by their directions, they are angled, i can see how after the first 10 minutes you got hosed! Jeez.....!

They look much better now! Nice Work.
    Previous Subarus:

That was a smart thing to do IMO. Good call! Perhaps if I had done that, then my bolt wouldn't have popped out, haha.

Well you ask, and you shall receive (with Dyno sheet)

Last edited by Mikie13; 05-08-2009 at 10:38 AM.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.