Who has a straight pipe?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Who has a straight pipe? within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I had a local muffler shop make me an axle back with no muffler and just a tip. It was ...

Who has a straight pipe?

I had a local muffler shop make me an axle back with no muffler and just a tip. It was originally going to be a cutout after the down pipe but after I took the axle back off I just fell in love with the sound. The only problem is that the quality is Ö. CRAP. Does any one have the same thing only out of better materials (stainless Steel) and maybe mandrel bent? I canít complain about the price (it was only $80) but after a hard winter of drifting through the snow and salt itís about shot and I was hoping to find something similar that didnít suck.
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a mild craving for something salty."

"there are only three real sports: bullfighting, mountain climbing, and car racing."

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You are going to get roasted for getting a straight pipe.
    Tuned by Jorge at P&L, 240.83whp 239.60wtq at 14.8psi on 2.0L with stock td04 (But doesn't run)

Quote Originally Posted by bcyb1029 View Post
    roasted?
    what by cops?
    maybe, it'd be nice tho if the po-po would actually spend time worthwhile.

e-cutout is a great idea if you want to:
    a)spend the money
    b)have a super easy way to go from purr to RURRRR

^Alot of people in the subaru community hate straight pipes on a wrx, thats all.
    Tuned by Jorge at P&L, 240.83whp 239.60wtq at 14.8psi on 2.0L with stock td04 (But doesn't run)

I saw an STi with a straight pipe today it sounded kind of weird.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

yeah, they really sound like crap! and better yet, look even worse.

Registered User project_skyline's Avatar
    ^Alot of people in the subaru community hate straight pipes on a wrx, thats all.
    Most import tuners hate straight pipes.

well i got bored today and took the axel back on the factory exhaust and i fell in love with it. its pure rally car sounding- popping, cracking, and that tone... i dont care about getting roasted for it, i think it sounds great. not to mention it takes about 5 min to put the two bolts back in! man what a great free upgrade.

Matt

If you like it do it, just know that people will get pissed because it seems to cheapen the car.

Its not like all the resonators are gone, there is still one in the mid pipe and both of the cats are still there. I could understand if you took out the cats, that probably would sound like a$$ but with just a straight axle back it just uncorks the boxer rumble.

As far as looking like crap it still has a decent looking twin tip that looks far better than any of the 3+ inch coffee cans out there. Again, just my $.02

Also, excuse me for not wanting to pay $400+ for something that sounds looks and performs the same as something that costs far less. I guess I'm just cheap... thats ok, I would rather save a few bucks there because it lets me spend more on the suspension. and after all thats really where it needs the most work. The car is plenty fast in a straight line, but it can really use some love in the suspension.
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a mild craving for something salty."

"there are only three real sports: bullfighting, mountain climbing, and car racing."

im with you on that one man!

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Walshka07 View Post
    well i got bored today and took the axel back on the factory exhaust and i fell in love with it. its pure rally car sounding- popping, cracking, and that tone... i dont care about getting roasted for it, i think it sounds great. not to mention it takes about 5 min to put the two bolts back in! man what a great free upgrade.

Matt
    Hahaha, after selling my first exhaust I had nothing to replae it except the stock one so I just left the stock axleback off and I rolled like that for about 2 months.
    New England F4

Turbo XS Bov FS/Trade (HKS sequential)

Dont worry this isnt Nasioc, you should know we are a much more welcoming community
    New England F4

Turbo XS Bov FS/Trade (HKS sequential)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by boston813 View Post
    Its not like all the resonators are gone, there is still one in the mid pipe and both of the cats are still there. I could understand if you took out the cats, that probably would sound like a$$ but with just a straight axle back it just uncorks the boxer rumble.

As far as looking like crap it still has a decent looking twin tip that looks far better than any of the 3+ inch coffee cans out there. Again, just my $.02

Also, excuse me for not wanting to pay $400+ for something that sounds looks and performs the same as something that costs far less. I guess I'm just cheap... thats ok, I would rather save a few bucks there because it lets me spend more on the suspension. and after all thats really where it needs the most work. The car is plenty fast in a straight line, but it can really use some love in the suspension.

to make it go even faster, add a BOV and MBC.. that would enhance it even more with your $400 dollars save

80 bucks for a crappy piece of axleback pipe (and you say not good quality)? sounds like you got ripped the hell off.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.