Shiv From Vishnu Tunes My Unichip! - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Shiv From Vishnu Tunes My Unichip! within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Sorry to divert from the main issue but what kind of wheels are those on your rex KurleeDaddeeWRX? Those look ...

Sorry to divert from the main issue but what kind of wheels are those on your rex KurleeDaddeeWRX? Those look very nice on the WRX.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Good post, KD. I'm pretty close to Shiv, and not entirely satisfied with my Stage 0. I think I'm going to bring my car in for the same procedure.
    Old, but not slow.

Kurlee,
    That kinda disappoints me as to the numbers you pulled. I have a stage 0 but havn't had Shiv dyno mine yet. I'm getting a HKS DP added on also, and I was hoping for almost 300HP (crank), or like 220 @ wheels. It sure feels like it would pull numbers close to that, but after seeing your results, I'm a little worried. I'm not dissin' your dyno numbers, but just being hit with a little MORE reality than I thought looking at those numbers...

-Jason
    2002 Midnight Black WRX - EJ22 w/ VF30 and all the other stuff to go with it...

***ATTN: Speed Kills! Drive a Honda and live FOREVER. ***

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by MisterX
    Good stuff!

Did you experience any detonation while on the dyno?

misterx
    Do you mean, did we get a CEL while using the Unichip because of detonation? Yes, only in the high RPM section of the dyno tuning. It would get a soft CEL. But as soon as the motor was idling for a couple seconds, it went away.

Originally posted by stilesg57
    That comparo does show some major bias (not that Vishnu has ever been biased! ). I can't speak for the other dyno brands mentioned as the only 'experience' I have with them is the numbers on TXS' website.
    If you look at the comparo though stilesg57, it shows that Vishnu's dyno runs very low numbers. I am going to go and comfirm this, as many I-clubbers have also told me and compared themselves, by going to another dyno for comparison numbers. ATP in Fremont has a AWD Dynojet. I will be making an appointment very soon and see how much I gain.

Also, my car isn't stock. Please check the mods link I have under my signature.

Originally posted by Clavo
    KD,

If you don't mind my aksing, what does Shiv charge for the tuning run.

Clavo
    $200 an hour. I think he ran about 5 baseline runs, and 10 runs with the unichip in place in an hour. I think it is well worth it. Since all maps out there are not exactly set up for EVERY car.

Originally posted by abbo7
    Sorry to divert from the main issue but what kind of wheels are those on your rex KurleeDaddeeWRX? Those look very nice on the WRX.
    abbo, they are Bronze 18" Rota Battles. ANd thanks for the compliment.

Originally posted by jmussetter
    Kurlee,
    That kinda disappoints me as to the numbers you pulled. I have a stage 0 but havn't had Shiv dyno mine yet. I'm getting a HKS DP added on also, and I was hoping for almost 300HP (crank), or like 220 @ wheels. It sure feels like it would pull numbers close to that, but after seeing your results, I'm a little worried. I'm not dissin' your dyno numbers, but just being hit with a little MORE reality than I thought looking at those numbers...

-Jason
    Your not the only one. I wanted to go outside and cry I was so dissappointed from the numbers. But I have been told Shiv's dyno reads VERY low compared to the others. I would have thought I would have been near more like 230whp myself. But I guess I had a reality check as well.

Kurlee Daddee
    (THE ORIGINAL)
    Last edited by KurleeDaddeeWRX; 12-28-2002 at 12:49 AM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Here is a few links I have found about the conflicts in whp #'s from the different dynos.

http://www.i-club.com/forums/showthr...&highlight=ATP

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...&highlight=ATP

http://www.i-club.com/forums/showthr...&highlight=ATP

I have met the guy above, CuptertinoSteve, since Shiv uses his car as his guinea pig for all sorts of testing for his different stage kits. The guy knows what he is talking about. Now I just need to back up his claims by going to ATP and getting my car tuned on a different dyno.

Kurlee Daddee
    (THE ORIGINAL)
    Last edited by KurleeDaddeeWRX; 12-28-2002 at 01:17 AM.

Great post! Saving my pennies for a downpipe and dyno tune......someday..

I Support ClubWRX
    Finally got impatient and took a picture of my dyno sheet. I also circled the areas Shiv improved upon. As you can see my car gained a lot from my tuning. I just hope the picture turns out okay so everyone can see it.

Kurlee Daddee
    (THE ORIGINAL)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dyno1.jpg  

Great post and pictures. I also visited Shiv about 3 weeks ago. The only engine mod I had was a Vishnu Tback exhaust.

I went for the ecu reflash instead of the unichip. My car dyno'd out to 197.2 whp. Despite what the variation in dyno numbers are, this car is vastly improved. In fact, it's FAST.

Now I wonder if it is worth the effort to add the up pipe?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails reflash121102.jpg  
    Jim

What would Scooby do?

he does fix stuff :P nice

Wow, Kurlee, that's a beautifully flat torque curve. Very impressive.

Thumbs up

Sweet Pics and chart.
    I had my car custom tuned by Shiv some time ago (maybe a month after he got his dynometer).
    I was curious, when my car was bone stock (blue sport wagon) and had him do a couple of pulls just to check it. It came in under 160, at about 158 or so HP on his dyno. After having the Stage Zero installed, along with some Samco IC hoses (this was before Shiv had his own for sale) I went back and had him custom tune the Unichip.
    He did many, many pulls. I think he was on a mission. The end result, was a custom tuned stage zero that laid down 199.4 HP.

I am VERY satisfied with the performance I now have.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.