Nitrous Express N-Tercooler System
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Nitrous Express N-Tercooler System within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Nitrous Express N-Tercooler System anyone have one ? was reading about it and was wondering if anyone has it and ...

Nitrous Express N-Tercooler System

Nitrous Express N-Tercooler System anyone have one ?
    was reading about it and was wondering if anyone has it and if so does it make a diffrence, does it work ?
    all input welcome

heres some stuff on it :

This is an awesome kit for helping smaller intercoolers keep there cool and making larger ones into popsicles. These systems are proven to make more power by cooling the intercooler by as much as 50 degrees increase it's efficiency! • 10-60 W.H.P.
    • Limited Lifetime Warranty Solenoids
    • Wide Open Throttle Switch And Bracket
    • N-tercooler Ring
    • Extra Long Stainless Braided Supply Line
    • Pure-Flo 45 Bottle Valve
    This kit includes 10-pound nitrous bottle, intercooler sprayer bar, all necessary hoses and fittings, switch, and wiring kit.

For supercharged or turbo applications where nitrous is not an option, Nitrous Express offers another alternative, the “Ntercooler”.

Spraying nitrous over an air-to-air intercooler, can reduce air inlet temperatures dramatically. In a dyno test, a turbocharged Honda equipped with an NX “N-tercooler”, increased its baseline by an astounding 52 horsepower! If it makes horsepower, it must be Nitrous Express!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails NX%20n-tercooler.jpg  
    Last edited by rr1911; 11-30-2006 at 03:13 AM.
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

from :http://evokiller.com/product.php?pro...&cat=15&page=1

As liquid CO2 is sprayed directly onto the surface of you intercooler, it becomes ice cold. The result is a tremendous drop in intake temperature, allowing your ECU to inject more fuel, hence more power. Dyno tests have seen increases of over 50+ horsepower!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails untitled.bmp  
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    POST WH0RE KING

Spray the nitrous where it belongs, into your intake. Same cooling effect+oxidizer power. Subarus LOVE nitrous when tuned for it.

I was looking at the same thing in theory it should really make a difference you can have dead of winter intercooler temperatures in the summer, but I have decided to try and make my own system
    04 WRX Java Black
    Mustang Dyno 218 awhp 216 awtq
    1978 Honda CB400Tll
    yea you know its modified
    1974 Honda CB750 Bobber
    still in the works

In theory this system would work excellently, but I believe the price for the premade system is ridiculous. I too have thought about making my own system. You can buy a 5 lb CO2 tank for less than 50 bucks, and fill it for less than 10. The tricky part is the solenoid to control the flow..... course technically all you need is a 1/4 ball valve somewhere within reach of the driver, but thats pretty ghetto.

Quote Originally Posted by 03fastwagon View Post
    Spray the nitrous where it belongs, into your intake. Same cooling effect+oxidizer power. Subarus LOVE nitrous when tuned for it.
    my subaru loves nos. shooting 75 shot right now and get ready to bump it to 100. going to get the fmic spray kit also but more for show purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by punchrf View Post
    my subaru loves nos. shooting 75 shot right now and get ready to bump it to 100. going to get the fmic spray kit also but more for show purposes.
    you running dry or wet?

Quote Originally Posted by Aerophyre View Post
    you running dry or wet?
    wet

In theory this system would work excellently, but I believe the price for the premade system is ridiculous. I too have thought about making my own system. You can buy a 5 lb CO2 tank for less than 50 bucks, and fill it for less than 10. The tricky part is the solenoid to control the flow..... course technically all you need is a 1/4 ball valve somewhere within reach of the driver, but thats pretty ghetto.
    I bought a selonoid for $50 but you could probably get away with one that cost around $40 but all told it should cost me less than $100 to make I got a 3lb tank for $25
    04 WRX Java Black
    1978 Honda CB400Tll
    1974 Honda CB750 Bobber
    still in the works

Quote Originally Posted by bkotzman00 View Post
    I bought a selonoid for $50 but you could probably get away with one that cost around $40 but all told it should cost me less than $100 to make I got a 3lb tank for $25
    Where did you get the solenoid, and do you know how youre going to set everything up?

Quote Originally Posted by punchrf View Post
    pics ?
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    POST WH0RE KING

Where did you get the solenoid, and do you know how youre going to set everything up?
    I got the solenoid on ebay, it is a little overkill (able to handle 250psi at the inlet) but as for set up not 100% sure will probably just wire it into my home made water sprayer so they both spray at the same time so that the CO2 super cools the water, which should be more effective then just spraying it dry
    04 WRX Java Black
    1978 Honda CB400Tll
    1974 Honda CB750 Bobber
    still in the works

Quote Originally Posted by rr1911 View Post
    pics ?
    i'll try to get some up this weekend. i'm in the process of putting my fmic on so my car is a little torn apart right now. i started last night but got to tired so i should finish tonight if everything goes right. i'll get my g/f to help me with the pics or else i'll never get them right.

ttt
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    POST WH0RE KING

bump
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    POST WH0RE KING

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast