How to: Air Box Silencer Delete - Page 8
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

This is a discussion on How to: Air Box Silencer Delete within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ok cool thank u...

Ok cool thank u

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

This is a pointless mod imo. At least the stock setup has cool air flowing through it, it slows in the box, thus gaining some pressure. Deleting it just sucks in fender air that probably is warmer than what comes from the outside of the car.

Quote Originally Posted by 11wrx View Post
    This is a pointless mod imo. At least the stock setup has cool air flowing through it, it slows in the box, thus gaining some pressure. Deleting it just sucks in fender air that probably is warmer than what comes from the outside of the car.
    If you use the elbow it still draws in the same air....I don't understand...

It's mainly done so people can hear the sound of the turbo and BPV.
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

Quote Originally Posted by 11wrx View Post
    Not if it's done right... Seal fender hole and seal air-filter box to fender wall, that WILL give you lower IAT for sure. It's amazing how much the funnel and air filter box heats up the intake air before it even gets to the turbo. I used to think the funnel intake was great until I measured the temps and the difference is big when driving slow 25*C/50*F, minor when on the highway2*C/4*F
    '02 WRX 4EAT, 311,000KMs/194,500Miles, Sold. Best car I ever had. '09 STi stage 1, hope this one will be good too...

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678