How to: Air Box Silencer Delete - Page 4
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 109

This is a discussion on How to: Air Box Silencer Delete within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by stumpy06 I took the silencer off and got like 30hp w00t. I smash Porsches all day long, ...

  1. #46
    Registered User Emsbuff124's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Rockland County N.Y.
    Posts
    435
    Quote Originally Posted by stumpy06 View Post
    I took the silencer off and got like 30hp w00t. I smash Porsches all day long, now I just need some nawz and I'll kill lambos.

    but seriously it does sound different, I like it no noticeable gain obviously.
    in my opinion i know it no were near a porsche sound but it has a real deep rumble to it, and its a cheap way to get that sound with out an exhaust( im planning on getting on anyway) and you getting the hishing sound when you shift with out destroying your car wtih an after market blow off valve
    i live my life a 1/4 mile at a time

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #47
    Registered User stumpy06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Vegas
    Posts
    156
    Quote Originally Posted by Emsbuff124 View Post
    in my opinion i know it no were near a porsche sound but it has a real deep rumble to it, and its a cheap way to get that sound with out an exhaust( im planning on getting on anyway) and you getting the hishing sound when you shift with out destroying your car wtih an after market blow off valve
    I wasn't bashing you I was joking around I never said any slight against you I was joking around you know haha joking haha sorry I forgot to put this in there . I like how it sounds and I'm happy that you like how it sounds. not bashing just joking around joking
    You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'. -Homer Simpson
    Military Militia #2006 Blobeye Syndicate #2006
    My Blobeye now debadged pictures soon, hopefully / Did that der silencer delete that's like 30hp right,

  4. #48
    Registered User Emsbuff124's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Rockland County N.Y.
    Posts
    435
    Quote Originally Posted by stumpy06 View Post
    I wasn't bashing you I was joking around I never said any slight against you I was joking around you know haha joking haha sorry I forgot to put this in there . I like how it sounds and I'm happy that you like how it sounds. not bashing just joking around joking
    No worries dude i knew you were joking around from the gate so no worries at all, i was just saying to anyone else reading it that its a good cheap way to get a rumble out of your car, with out an exhaust and the hishing sound without distroying your car with a blow off valve
    i live my life a 1/4 mile at a time

  5. #49
    Registered User Emsbuff124's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Rockland County N.Y.
    Posts
    435
    hey i know you can hear the blow off valve when you shift inside the car but can other out side the car hear it as well ie say a person you past thats walking down the street
    i live my life a 1/4 mile at a time

  6. #50
    Master Baiter EJ257's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On a stream bank somewhere
    Posts
    19,764
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Emsbuff124
    hey i know you can hear the blow off valve when you shift inside the car but can other out side the car hear it as well ie say a person you past thats walking down the street
    The amplification of the sound inside > outside (then again, I have trouble hearing, so maybe I'm just more tuned into the sound when I'm driving)
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

    Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

    "Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

    UNYSOC

  7. #51
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2
    I just did this to my subbie and it actully sounds good you can hear the turbo spool up better, intake suck, and the stock bpv more. has anyone felt any gains from this at all i hear it can add a few hp?

  8. #52
    Registered User WRX_Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    81
    i just did it...took me about 30-45 min mainly because i was parked in my street and its 1xx FK!n degrees outside so i kept walkin in the shade sippin on my powerade and then i was back out lol

  9. #53
    Registered User utqb1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Sugar Land, TX
    Posts
    11
    Also just did this this past weekend. I can definitly hear the intake and bpv better, just wish the bpv was a little louder. Took me 20-30 min and I took my time doing it.

  10. #54
    Registered User 321wings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    72
    Is there a benefit to remove the snorkus if you don't have a turbo? I have an Impreza so it's not like I could listen to it spool. would I still hear the intake better?

  11. #55
    Registered User viperhd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    LI NY
    Posts
    19

    Spt high flow air intake

    this might be a stupid ? but if i put the spt on do i have to take tit to the dealer and get the computer messed with??? and will there be a noticeable change in power and sound...

  12. #56
    Registered User WRX_Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    81
    Quote Originally Posted by 321wings View Post
    Is there a benefit to remove the snorkus if you don't have a turbo? I have an Impreza so it's not like I could listen to it spool. would I still hear the intake better?


    you could probally hear it a little better and it only takes 20-45 min to do but i dont know if it would be worth the trouble, when i took mine off it was scorchin outside and it definitely wasnt very fun. The only reason i took it off is cause i bought my injen short ram air intake so i HAD to take it off
    Last edited by WRX_Karl; 08-04-2008 at 04:17 PM.

  13. #57
    Registered User 321wings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    72
    I have the stock intake, but the ram-air looking duct isn't there, it's a small duct that has a hole on the bottom.

  14. #58
    Registered User WRX_Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    81
    Quote Originally Posted by WRX_Karl View Post
    you could probally hear it a little better and it only takes 20-45 min to do but i dont know if it would be worth the trouble, when i took mine off it was scorchin outside and it definitely wasnt very fun. The only reason i took it off is cause i bought my injen short ram air intake so i HAD to take it off

    ^^ i edited post cause i realized i didnt really answer the question the first time lol

  15. #59
    Registered User mitsutalon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Green Bay
    Posts
    14
    Nice write up, too bad they aren't all so descriptive.

  16. #60
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    RI
    Posts
    316
    great pics too! just did it in my sti in 30 minutes. thanks!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •