Cobb AP not connecting to PC.

This is a discussion on Cobb AP not connecting to PC. within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have a 02 bugeye and I bought a AP off a member from nasioc. the AP came with maps ...

Cobb AP not connecting to PC.

I have a 02 bugeye and I bought a AP off a member from nasioc. the AP came with maps already in it but they were pretty old. i wanted to flash the newer maps to my ecu. but after installing map manager v1.65, opening it and trying to connect to the AP, it says "Could not identify AccessPORT. Contact tech support." I contacted Cobb and the guy said he will email a update download for my AP. but never did and it's too late to call back. I was told 02-03 didnt need the update for the AP. Has anyone incounter this problem before?

EDIT: the cable is okay before it connected before I downloaded v1.65 map manager.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i have the same problems. and it still says 'cant find access port'

Quote Originally Posted by snorlax View Post
    i have the same problems. and it still says 'cant find access port'
    hey i just found my problem.

http://www.accessecu.com/kb/index.ph...Id=38&catId=13

here's the link but use the entire site. our problems might not be the same but check out the site.

yea i think you just need to update your firmware or something.....i had to do it to....its just a patch ur somethin
    PSM Bugeye..Cobb Stage 2

Are you connecting the cable while its on or before you boot the computer up?

your probably just not selecting the right com port. Hit connect to pc on the accessport and then auto detect on the ap on the PC.

Thanks guys. I got it to work. It just happen that I have one of the oldest AP and it doesnt auto-detect feature. So I had to download the patch and what not. But still after flashing the HWG map. I'm still seeing 10psi.

Link of the thread:
    http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=1119456