Question about 3" exhaust pricing
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Question about 3" exhaust pricing within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I am sick of being stock now........been this way for since 2003, and I am considering put my 1st aftermarket ...

Question about 3" exhaust pricing

I am sick of being stock now........been this way for since 2003, and I am considering put my 1st aftermarket mods on my blue baby. Unless debadging is considered a mod now.

Anyway, I am in the market for a 3" exhaust, and stainless is the way I want to go. My buddy Javier has a 3" on his and it sounds nasty. I love it. I want it to sound that way too, but he spent like $700+ on it. That is not joke for an exhaust IMHO. Anyway I was considering Perrin....cost is YUCK!!!

Perrin $689
    http://www.optionsauto.com/prodinfo....=A-PSP-EXT-305

Perrin $690
    http://dezod.com/pd_perrin_stainless_steel_catback.cfm

BUT, I was browsing the 2nd site, and noticed this for $579 delivered.
    http://dezod.com/pd_random_technolog...ow_catback.cfm

I did some calling around, and the price is killer. Cheapest place I found it by atleast $30-75.......I ordered. Anyone got a sound clip of this? Think I got a good deal?
    No show, no go! No $...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Personally, I would get an uppipe and downpipe first. Aside from sounding nice, a catback exhaust doesn't give you any kind of power until you take care of the uppipe and downpipe, which are by far the two most restrictive sections of the 02-05 WRX stock exhaust system.

You can get an uppipe and downpipe combo from ERZ for $215 shipped. An uppipe and downpipe will free up a nice chunk of power (an honest 20-25whp) and eliminate a crapload of turbo lag. Furthermore, an uppipe and downpipe will make the stock exhaust a good deal louder, so you get a little bit of bark to go with your newly-aquired bite.

That's the route I'd go. Your car will run so much better, sound a bit more aggressive, and it's way less money out of your pocket. On the other hand if you get a catback, your car will sound better, but won't be any quicker, and your pocket will be way way lighter.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by cheeseybacon
    Personally, I would get an uppipe and downpipe first. Aside from sounding nice, a catback exhaust doesn't give you any kind of power until you take care of the uppipe and downpipe, which are by far the two most restrictive sections of the 02-05 WRX stock exhaust system.

You can get an uppipe and downpipe combo from ERZ for $215 shipped. An uppipe and downpipe will free up a nice chunk of power (an honest 20-25whp) and eliminate a crapload of turbo lag. Furthermore, an uppipe and downpipe will make the stock exhaust a good deal louder, so you get a little bit of bark to go with your newly-aquired bite.

That's the route I'd go. Your car will run so much better, sound a bit more aggressive, and it's way less money out of your pocket. On the other hand if you get a catback, your car will sound better, but won't be any quicker, and your pocket will be way way lighter.

Well I ordered this kit...........I hope this is a good foundation for future mods. Anyone else have experience with this srt-up?
    No show, no go! No $...

C'mon lots of people have to have 3" exhausts here........

Quote Originally Posted by djlutchi
    Well I ordered this kit...........I hope this is a good foundation for future mods. Anyone else have experience with this srt-up?
    Just search for ERZ uppipe and downpipe. There's a massive thread on them around here somewhere. Also, do yourself a favor and buy a set of Subaru gaskets from the dealer. The gaskets that come with the ERZ pipes are really lousy.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Subaru WRX/STi exhaust

hey guys, i just browsed around and found this new brand of exhaust! it's really cool, i already hear the sound clip.. but i haven't got it in my computer.
    the brand name is Massiv
    stainless steel catback system, you could check this one out, i forgot the url, but you can search in google, massiv usa... if i'm not mistaken. from what i've seen the quality is damn good... looks like japanese style exhaust
    the msrp is around 699.99 but apparently you could ask for introduction price since they are brand new product.. *probably*

Registered User WrxSTi/Icealand's Avatar
    There is a lot of variety to chose from at http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/perf...Exhaust_System

Apexi, Blitz, ARK, Borla, Greddy, Invidia, perrin, TurboXs and a bunch more
    Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R // VEMS Standalone // Twin GT2871R // Greddy FMIC //
    Exedy Twin plate clutch // Kakimoto 3.5" exhaust // TBO Bodykit // Volk racing 17x9" // 6 point roll cage

Toyota Supra MKIV Single Turbo and supporting mods// Sold
    Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 8 // Sold
    Subaru Impreza Wrx STi // Sold

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.