helix 20g-fp green-t3t4?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on helix 20g-fp green-t3t4? within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; well i'm lookin into a new turbo. i have narrowed it down to the new helix 20g, fp green , ...

helix 20g-fp green-t3t4?

well i'm lookin into a new turbo. i have narrowed it down to the new helix 20g, fp green , or the ultimate racing t3t4e kit. really thinking about the UR kit. my goals are a turbo i can hit 390-400whp. my current mods are vf39 , 3' turboback, lightweight pully, meth injection, cobb protune. really like the t3t4 kit, just wondering if thats a good kit or turbo? like the kit cuz it comes with everything (cold air intake, down pipe, external wastegate, and turbo for 2500). also wanted a little room to work with in case i wanted more. and i did search but there not much on the t3t4 turbos. and before people say anything about the tranny, i'm upgrading that too. just a little later dwon the road with ppg gears. just wondering which turbo you guys think is the best for 390+ whp?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Thumbs down

well you dont tell us what car you have Wrx oR STI? If wrx your not going to make that much whp and the motor wont spool that big of a turbo efficently also you will fry the internals , I dont think you have an STI since you said your upgrading the gears, that being said it prolly wont work, BUT if you had a motor that could take the power you should looking into the The GT 30-35R Between Rotated kits $2500-2700 dollars and they both can make 500whp Perrin makes one aswell as Kingpin & some other company's but they would prolly give you more power and quicker spoll than the T3-t4, So if you have a stock Wrx motor u prolly shouldn't go bigger than the 20G just my .02
    Fp18g, Txs RFL
    650cc PE Injectors, Walb 255 Fp3" TBE, Perrin Inlet Hose, UteC, HeliX uppipe,Stock Tmic
    STock Clutch , Stock 5 Speedn
    STI ShortBloCK 265whp 300tq @17psi Still DETUNED
    13.1 @104 Slipping Clutch

sorry about that got 2006 wrx tr.

T3/t4
    Car-less

well nevermind then i know nothing about how strong the 2.5 block is that comes in the new wrx's
    Fp18g, Txs RFL
    650cc PE Injectors, Walb 255 Fp3" TBE, Perrin Inlet Hose, UteC, HeliX uppipe,Stock Tmic
    STock Clutch , Stock 5 Speedn
    STI ShortBloCK 265whp 300tq @17psi Still DETUNED
    13.1 @104 Slipping Clutch

<---wonders why you didn't get an sti instead

cuz i didn't think it out much. i also like the front end on the 06's, guess i coulda bought a used 2004 for about the same price. but didn't want a 500 dollar payment also. whats the t3t4 max out at?

Quote Originally Posted by TurnWRX
    <---wonders why you didn't get an sti instead
    there are plenty of 06 wrx's running 20g's with upgraded fuel pumps and exhaust/tune in the mid to low 12s...

But anything close to 400whp your going to want a much stronger tranny=sti 6 spd
    Cobb Stage 2

Quote Originally Posted by roo21
    there are plenty of 06 wrx's running 20g's with upgraded fuel pumps and exhaust/tune in the mid to low 12s...
    The 06 is a great deal because of the 2.5L block and we are going to start seeing some big power numbers from them real soon.

Quote Originally Posted by roo21
    But anything close to 400whp your going to want a much stronger tranny=sti 6 spd
    He said PPG gears. While the 6 speed is much stronger, I know a lot of people (myself uncluded) that don't want a 6 speed. More shifting and shorter gears, not to mention that extra shift in a race. PPG gearing > *
    Car-less

Quote Originally Posted by DeBlas66
    I know a lot of people (myself uncluded) that don't want a 6 speed. More shifting and shorter gears, not to mention that extra shift in a race. PPG gearing > *
    ^ +1....

I'd go with the Helix 20G(RR500 or whatever its called) OR I'd go with the T3/T4 kit from UR.
    1988 Celica Alltrac
    Hallman Pro, 15x7.5 +20mm Rota Slipstreams
    2005 LGT 315whp/340wtq@21psi - Sold
    VF52, Crucial P&P&C Manifolds, UP, DP, RP, Magnaflow CBE, Hallman PRO, ROMRaider
    2003 WRX 371whp/355wtq@24psi - Sold
    TD05H-20G-38mm Tial, Meth Injection, Hyperflow TMIC, ROMRaider
    Dyno Chart METH vs 93 oct

I Support ClubWRX
    Guy on nasioc just put down 380's with a 20g/meth on his 06. I'd say either 20g or gt30R as the 2.5 can flow that turbo. The downfall to making that much power on the 06 appears to be the heads/valve train. The motor dropped alot on top, because the heads couldnt keep up. If you are going to put all that money into the setup get some headwork done and maybe upgrade the cams.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

when you say head work, what is i can do to fix that? sorry not really a noob, but still learning. can a port and polish help that?

t3/to4 e is good up tp 450 crank hp. good turbo.

i thought the t3t4e was good for 450whp? am i wrong, i know UR said it good for 500hp. if you click on it it says 500whp capable .

Quote Originally Posted by shortyswrx
    i thought the t3t4e was good for 450whp? am i wrong, i know UR said it good for 500hp. if you click on it it says 500whp capable .
    the t3/t4e is only good for 500HP(read: Crank HP) so ~400whp depending on the dyno. t3/t4s is good for 600HP(read: Crank HP) so ~500whp depending on the dyno.

this explains everything:

http://www.ultimate-racing.com/Produ...its-Header.gif
    1988 Celica Alltrac
    Hallman Pro, 15x7.5 +20mm Rota Slipstreams
    2005 LGT 315whp/340wtq@21psi - Sold
    VF52, Crucial P&P&C Manifolds, UP, DP, RP, Magnaflow CBE, Hallman PRO, ROMRaider
    2003 WRX 371whp/355wtq@24psi - Sold
    TD05H-20G-38mm Tial, Meth Injection, Hyperflow TMIC, ROMRaider
    Dyno Chart METH vs 93 oct

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.