Finally Got Perrin Dual Tube Exhaust -- Wanna Hear it?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on Finally Got Perrin Dual Tube Exhaust -- Wanna Hear it? within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ok--- So I haven't instaaaaalled it yet as my gaskets come in thursday....(we only stocked two of the three needed) ...

Talking Finally Got Perrin Dual Tube Exhaust -- Wanna Hear it?

Ok--- So I haven't instaaaaalled it yet as my gaskets come in thursday....(we only stocked two of the three needed) But Im running full Perrin products -- Perrin Up Pipe, Perrin Down Pipe, and the Perrin Dual tube exhaust which I could never seem to find a sound clip on, but im very intrigued.. so keep an eye on my post if your interested. Ill finally be able to jack the Cobb up to stage 2 now......... i hope its a killer.
    Resist...Defy...
    VF34 Powered, D i r e c t o r~ o f ~P r o c u r e m e n t ~ f o r ~t h e~B u g E y e d~M a f i a

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

dual tube, dual posts lol. I wonder what it sounds like. I saw some company had a muffler for the new civic si that had dual tubes, one was adjustable for sound and performance or something. Post a clip. I'd like to hear it.

Definitely..

Install is this Saturday at my buddys shop -- www.street-solutions.com We will drink much beer and have a good time installing all these goodies! Here's some pics, not the best I apologize! Ill be sure to post the sound clip!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DP.JPG   INTER.JPG   MUFF.JPG  
    Resist...Defy...
    VF34 Powered, D i r e c t o r~ o f ~P r o c u r e m e n t ~ f o r ~t h e~B u g E y e d~M a f i a

So does it come out to become 2 mufflers or one? Just dual mid pipe? Very interesting.. keep me posted.

Its strange..

It comes straight off the downpipe to a flangle and a little flex area-- which than goes to this HUGE diameter straight piece, which thenwelds into two tubes all the way into one single tipped muffler... the advantage is how it tucks neatly into the under carriage, and ---supposively flows better than a 3 inch..." but we'll have to wait till Saturday when i get the time to goto jons and put it on!
    Resist...Defy...

What are the individual pipe diameters? 2 - 2.25" pipes don't have that much more volume than a single 3" pipe. But 2 - 2.5" pipes will flow a good bit more than a 3" pipe. Sure does look nice.

Thanks -- This exhaust has been nagging me to buy it...so im real excited!
    Resist...Defy...

Looks very nice. I would think it would be restrictive. But what do i know. Keep us posted with that sound clip!!!!
    My money pit

Readying the tools -- i cant wait till saturday.... any advice on the install?
    Resist...Defy...

Just my opinion but..

If your running that turbo back wouldn't you lose power? 3in down pipe going into a huge *looks like* 4inch opening and into 2x 2.5 pipe into a axle back.. i think your gona lose the power because it wont be affective as much as a 3inch turbo back all the way pushing straight through. Your Downpipe will provide alot of air to get out but when it gets to that mid pipe wont it lose too much back pressure? 3inch > 2 x 2.5 doesn not make sense in my book. But then again thats just the midpartion of your exhaust. Your last part is the axle back which will not recieve all the air it needs thus leaving it with no back pressure at all and probably just lag your car.

but... thats just my opinion.

I say that because stock STi / STI and 06 wrx has 2.25 piping and tons of torque. After my 3inch catback install, the torque was all gone. Felt slower but sometimes faster. Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by vietpunk916
    Just my opinion but..

If your running that turbo back wouldn't you lose power? 3in down pipe going into a huge *looks like* 4inch opening and into 2x 2.5 pipe into a axle back.. i think your gona lose the power because it wont be affective as much as a 3inch turbo back all the way pushing straight through. Your Downpipe will provide alot of air to get out but when it gets to that mid pipe wont it lose too much back pressure? 3inch > 2 x 2.5 doesn not make sense in my book. But then again thats just the midpartion of your exhaust. Your last part is the axle back which will not recieve all the air it needs thus leaving it with no back pressure at all and probably just lag your car.

but... thats just my opinion.

I say that because stock STi / STI and 06 wrx has 2.25 piping and tons of torque. After my 3inch catback install, the torque was all gone. Felt slower but sometimes faster. Any thoughts?
    Very well put, but according to Perrin the design offers a better flow than a 3"...how? im not sure, but what i believe is possibly by hitting the mid section to -2- 2.25 's it may help with the loss of torque sometimes seen with a full flowing 3, but i have no proof of that only an idea... i just dont see why Perrin would create it if it want as advertised...though they dont even speak of it on their page.. i seen an interview on some site with Jeff Perrin talking about it...and i dont know it just really intrigued me... im going to have to install it and flash it to stage 2 and get it dyno'd to see the results is the only way..i feel like a pioneer as it seems noone has used this and presented #'s or anything... im looking for power and a unique sound...hopefully ill get the lot..
    Resist...Defy...

Good luck man. If you make significant amount of ponies from that exhaust, Perrin co. is gona make money from your proof. If you lose significant amount of ponies, Perrin co. will keep quiet like they did about that exhaust. I would LOVE to hear that special exhaust haha. Best wishes.

Looks intresting I am curious to see how it turns out as well.
    '04 STI WRB,FP Green'ed and Protuned. (Gone )

366.7whp/374.1wtq @20psi on 92 octane

i've been running that on my wagon for two months now and it scares little kids it's so mean! i'm running catless and it is loud, but i will be putting the new perrin catted dp on soon to quiet it down. i definately feel gains in torque and hp compared to my bosal twintip and injen ses. feels and sound great man! nice choic, your going to love it. looks very clean under the bumper too.

?????

Awesome, you are running the twin tube, not just the perrin dual tip right? reason i say is they it is pretty quiet compared to others..but hey..i like a good boxer grunt
    Resist...Defy...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast