Finally Got Perrin Dual Tube Exhaust -- Wanna Hear it? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on Finally Got Perrin Dual Tube Exhaust -- Wanna Hear it? within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i ordered the catted downpipe and the dual-tube also. the dual-tube should arrive tomorrow. i saw and heard this exhaust ...

i ordered the catted downpipe and the dual-tube also. the dual-tube should arrive tomorrow. i saw and heard this exhaust in action and it sounds sweet. it was on an 04/05 with shorty dp and stock third pipe. i recorded it too and i just keep looping it cuz its so sweet i can't wait til i install it... and with the 2.5L, it should sound deeper than the 04/05

oh, and just so you know.. its a single 3" diameter into a resonator (which is that huge straight piece), and the resonator splits into two 2.25" tubes that dump to the canister with a single tip (i think is 4"... i will measure mine).

be on the look out for my post too heheh.. i guess there will be tons of posts with these new pieces that perrin put out.
    Last edited by drummerboy; 07-27-2006 at 10:19 PM.
    2006 WRX - World Rally Blue

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Relentless
    Awesome, you are running the twin tube, not just the perrin dual tip right? reason i say is they it is pretty quiet compared to others..but hey..i like a good boxer grunt
    yep, runnin' teh dual tube with single tip which looks great too. sounds awfully mean! and is quite loud as well. but not for long when i install the new perrin catted dp! perrin rules!!

pretty crazy. Subaru WRC cars ran a dual tube exhaust before, not sure if they still do. it's likely done for high flow without sacrificing torque. interesting though, i was tempted to replicate this design years back when i saw it on the WRC car, but found a prodrive muffler and was happy with it.

have fun!!!

subscribed i was considering this exhaust after i install the gt30r kit from perrin how much was it and where did u get if from
    when the turbo spins the bull**** ends

guido the red
    bug eye mafia for life

jscspeed.com for $650 great deal! Dual-tube in da house!!!!

Perrin DP and Dual Tube installed...

I actually had the dp and the dual tube installed -- HWAHWAHWHAWA. Probably the best sounding exhaust i've heard yet, and ive listened to some clips! I have to install the uppipe tonite as planned and then i will record either a .mpeg, or whatever to get the sound up here! The gains with TBE and a CObb flash to stage 2 are very nice. ...now for a stage 3...
    www.thekingofparts.com - AIM - thekingofparts - We can get you anything-Tristan - Stage VF34 powered 03 WRX, Jeremy - 06 Legacy pm us for special deals...

That was me up there

Sorry posted under our vendor name there as i am currently at work...ill update later tonite with a clip!
    Resist...Defy...
    VF34 Powered, D i r e c t o r~ o f ~P r o c u r e m e n t ~ f o r ~t h e~B u g E y e d~M a f i a

Arrgghh

Ok doing uppipe at 4pm est time --- how the **** am i going to record the sound, i think my buddy has a camcroder.. any ideas..i have a razr phone...wonder if it does sound clips....
    Resist...Defy...
    VF34 Powered, D i r e c t o r~ o f ~P r o c u r e m e n t ~ f o r ~t h e~B u g E y e d~M a f i a

Cant wait for a sound clip

Sound Clip:

Ok I think I have a way to make this sound clip work -- we will use a good tape recorder and play it to the microphone on my new dell! hopefully it will give you guys an ideaof how incredibly diesel this exhaust is.

Uppipe update...well went to street solutions (my friend jons place (he works with Evans Tuning and makes some sick power..ie MR2 turbo at 300whp and his civic going for 550hp on race gas... ) -- so yeah met up with him around 4:30 with a six pack of amsel light and went to town...I NEVER WANT TO INSTALL NAOTHER UPPIPE AGAIN! Those freaking heat shields...(shudders) but after about 6 hours (due to the beer) we had it done and pulled a quick Blarg intercooler tilt mod while we were at it, and started her up...perfect - no leaks. Jon is very thourogh in his work which is the help i needed- get it done right- and now the Full Perrin Up, DP, and Dual tube are done and flashed stage 2 and mmmm very nice.. very nice. I think from other WRX's ive been in that this exhaust's design really helps a bit with low end torque and the top end is phenomanal. So what next........ I already have plans for the Perrin turbos.... so this week I think ill pick up the injectors and a walbro.. but do you guys think pinks are suffencient..prob not.

Ill quit blabbing ..just typing my thoughts... what ticks me off is I just thought if Im using a perrin kit...that means a whole different uppipe...oh well back to the drawing board.

Clip coming tonite
    Resist...Defy...

ooooo la la cant wait for clips...any pics?? What kind of car is it on?

Ahhh, finally! I can't wait either. I am set on a Perrin exhaust, and this might be the one for me

im so amped to hear this... its a great idea ... id be really interested to see dyno numbers too ... see how it boosts and all...
    From Chaos Comes Clarity

New Car:2005 Subaru Impeza WRX STi - Crystal Gray Metallic
    GONE:1996 Mazda MX-6 yes its modded. and wrecked, and parted out.

Ok sound recorder tape thing failed as my brothers buddy screwed me over

I will use my Razr phone, do a video -- send it to my tmobile my album and link it... thats the only way I can think, plus JSC speed (awesome dudes, props to Tim) said they are going to get a clip from me.

Those thinking about Perrin exhaust -- go for it.

Reason- Best Fitment Ive seen yet, the dp went painlessly in as well as the uppipe which i was nervouse about, and the dual tube on a car thats lowered (perrin tunersports) this exhaust does not make me worry over speed bumps and ive already experienced some! imgetting this clip together guys, apologies but Subaru has me working 12 hours a day back her ein parts...and my co-guy Jeremy is on vaca...he desrves it!
    Resist...Defy...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.