Flywheel/ Pulley Misfire CEL's...
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Flywheel/ Pulley Misfire CEL's... within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Its finally happened to me, after quite a long time of running a ACT Streetlite Flywheel + Lightened Pulley... I ...

Flywheel/ Pulley Misfire CEL's...

Its finally happened to me, after quite a long time of running a ACT Streetlite Flywheel + Lightened Pulley... I guess I'm not so special afterall! No big deal though... clear the code and go on with life.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ive searched for the reasons why a flywheel would do that...but is there any substantiated evidence to this? i have a fidanza and have the misfires as well. annoying, but something i can live with :T

How long were you running the setup?

Its coming up on a year and 20k+ miles for me and I havent had a problem yet. I have the Exedy 13.9lb flywheel and Perrin Pulley.
    Dan- 2004 PSM 5spd

"Days get shorter, nights get longer, snow gets deeper, life gets better."

how does your ACT flywheel weigh?
    EVO III 16g'd wagon
    stock tranny goin strong
    .. already ready for a bigger turbo
    - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chanwahyaoh
    Sometimes after I go poo, I just blank out and mindlessly continue my upward wipe all the way up the small of my back and end up smearing brown all over myself. Just kidding. That sucks about your laundry though...

I don't think its the weight of the flywheel that cause the misfire. The ecu measure crack postion by the flywheel teeth and if something happens to these teeth, start grins them or something like that it will throw a cel.

Quote Originally Posted by PolarisSnT
    How long were you running the setup?

Its coming up on a year and 20k+ miles for me and I havent had a problem yet. I have the Exedy 13.9lb flywheel and Perrin Pulley.
    it was a lil over a year before it happened to me... but i noticed it was due to driving style... usually, i'd get a phone call and not drive correctly when it happens. sometimes its totally random. its been logged by my tuner and its fake misfire codes, so nothing to worry about. my ACT is a 13.9 lb unit... but it have a exedy 3 puck clutch which is also a lil lighter and then the cobb pulley...

Quote Originally Posted by seth7685
    I don't think its the weight of the flywheel that cause the misfire. The ecu measure crack postion by the flywheel teeth and if something happens to these teeth, start grins them or something like that it will throw a cel.
    whats crack position?

the weight DOES cause issue, the decrease in time for decceleration is not matched to what the ecu is looking for.
    1988 Celica Alltrac
    Hallman Pro, 15x7.5 +20mm Rota Slipstreams
    2005 LGT 315whp/340wtq@21psi - Sold
    VF52, Crucial P&P&C Manifolds, UP, DP, RP, Magnaflow CBE, Hallman PRO, ROMRaider
    2003 WRX 371whp/355wtq@24psi - Sold
    TD05H-20G-38mm Tial, Meth Injection, Hyperflow TMIC, ROMRaider
    Dyno Chart METH vs 93 oct

Quote Originally Posted by testes1010
    whats crack position?

the weight DOES cause issue, the decrease in time for decceleration is not matched to what the ecu is looking for.
    so if your car was tuned with a lightweight flywheel or pulley would it still cause an issue?
    EVO III 16g'd wagon
    stock tranny goin strong
    .. already ready for a bigger turbo
    - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chanwahyaoh
    Sometimes after I go poo, I just blank out and mindlessly continue my upward wipe all the way up the small of my back and end up smearing brown all over myself. Just kidding. That sucks about your laundry though...

Quote Originally Posted by le wagon
    so if your car was tuned with a lightweight flywheel or pulley would it still cause an issue?
    tuning has nothing to do with it.

misfire detection thresholds programmed into the ecu in order to adhere to obd2 standards do. i do not know if oem ecu tuners (ie, openecu, cobb, ecutek) have access to those values --and, if they do, if they know what to do with them.

Quote Originally Posted by testes1010
    whats crack position?

crank position my bad on the spelling
    Last edited by seth7685; 09-08-2006 at 10:58 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.