Go fast parts and warranty
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Go fast parts and warranty within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Howdy, I was talking with one of the local speed merchants the other day and he made mention to me ...

Go fast parts and warranty

Howdy,

I was talking with one of the local speed merchants the other day and he made mention to me about warranty on these cars and mods made. Now I fully understand the Moss-Magnuson act, and how that applies to the domestic market at least. But I got the impression from him that doing ANYTHING to these cars and the dealer can say tough noogies. So whats the story here? All I want to do is air intake and exhaust. Someone educate me on this please!

thanks!

t.
    87 Buick Grand National....not running. Sold engine to Slipknot and building way bigger V6 Stage 2.

03 Ford F250 Crew Cab long bed 4x4 6.0L Powerstroke Diesel, 5sp automatic, and one killer stereo!

03 Subaru WRX...17" battles to go on, STi foglamp covers, rolling stealth mode except for the stereo. The wifes ride.

02 Ducati 900 Monster Dark...we share this one!

Speed costs. How fast do you want to spend? - Sterling Moss

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

dont buy a complete intake ,,buy a drop in filter like K&N,ITG,Blitz,many many brands carry them.
    I dont think any dealer would disrupt your warranty if you added a exhaust.
    Anyway,talk to him and you will know if adding a exhaust will be bad.
    I know a chip,EBC,MBC and many other mods can cancel the warranty of your car.but there are some mods you can take out before you take the car to dealer =)
    Tuca

SOA will refuse warranty service in the event you install an exhaust and SOA becomes aware of it.

The dealer may act differently.

misterx

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.