$5 and 5 minutes to a better running car :) - Page 9
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

This is a discussion on and 5 minutes to a better running car :) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hmm... I doubt that I had unplugged the battery on the Sentra. I just remember driving shortly after and all ...

Hmm... I doubt that I had unplugged the battery on the Sentra. I just remember driving shortly after and all of a sudden the car started idling at about 3500 and never corrected itself. It was really annoying at a stop light with header back NA exhaust just rasping like it was nobody's business. But okay, good to know you can clean the MAF on the scooby.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    You'll probably have a temporary rich condition... but meh... probably doesn't affect anything, and resolves super quick. Technically you're supposed to reset it though.
    What if you are tuned, say, with the acessport...
    If you reset the ECU does the map stay there or do you have to "re-flash" the tune
    When did we stop being who we want to be, and start being the person the world told us to be...

Stink Eye Mob #801
    Instagram: Infamouszoltan
    InfamousZoltanSTi

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Infamouszoltan View Post
    What if you are tuned, say, with the acessport...
    If you reset the ECU does the map stay there or do you have to "re-flash" the tune
    If you reset the ECU, the learning cells are also reset. You will need to drive the car for several miles to learn new fuel curve/AFR learning.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly stock 2015 STi - Seeking B-Stock supremacy
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon (SOLD)

Zach | Moderator | Builds, Electronics/Car Audio, Engine Modifications, Mid-Atlantic States, Suspension & Wheels, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs |
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Registered User Jackstand Johnny's Avatar
    Isn't it true that if you don't unplug the battery cable and just drive the car regularly after doing something like this that the ECU will make adjustments on its own anyways but it will just take longer? If this is true(and I remember reading about this) than it would be another viable option rather than having to remap it again with your AP tuner.

On another note I recently cleaned my MAF sensor with MAF cleaner and some q tips. I let the sensor soak in the cap for the may cleaner can for a while after cleaning the air temp sensor(little bulb on outside of kaf sensor). Then a little while after cleaning it I installed a K&N filter that I cleaned and oiled myself. I've never had problems running them on any of my other vehicles and got this one for $20 with a Greedy air diffusion panel so I figured what the hell. I didn't drench the filter in oil and made sure it WS sealed properly in the airbox and so far I've had zero issues. Down the road I'll take a look at the MAF sensor and if its covered in the filter oil I'll use a different filter but so far so good. If you decide to use an oiled filter just make sure you use just enough oil to turn the filter element red and no more than that. There's no need for excessive oil. Just wanted to put my own 1st hand experience out there and pet people know that I've had good results with my k&n filter. I noticed my 4eat trans downshifts sooner, the engine sounds healthier and you can definitely here the turbo a bit more but not in an onnoying way.

Honestly though for the kind of bid stigma people have about these filters unless you get one for peanuts like I did you won't save any money by using one of these over an OEM paper filter. I'd say the ts definitely worth it over buying an expensive $70 paper filter though.
    I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.

Jezz such a simple idea and u looked right over it lol. Good idea thanks for the reminder

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.