My WRX has a STI turbo, do I NEED a STI TMIC?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on My WRX has a STI turbo, do I NEED a STI TMIC? within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ok so basically got a 06 hawkeye from a dealer that was within my budget and only 78k miles. Bought ...

My WRX has a STI turbo, do I NEED a STI TMIC?

Ok so basically got a 06 hawkeye from a dealer that was within my budget and only 78k miles.

Bought it semi stock, TGV's were deleted (didn't know till recently after I installed cobb AP3 and lost the tune the previous owner had so now my car is in CEL mode), I think sti fuel injectors, sti turbo, stock intercooler, stock exhaust

Now I have a cobb catback, cobb catted downpipe added, And I'm getting a pro tune on tuesday and finally get rid of my CEL.

Do I really need a STI TMIC or can I keep using my stock one? If I do decide to install a sti or some other afrermarket tmic, I'll have to retune right (and another $500 down the drain) Will I run into any problems running with stock tmic for a few months?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

If it's tuned for that intercooler you should be fine as long as it doesn't leak. I've heard conflicting statements about needing a tune for a top mount. I know that you need a tune to get any advantage from it, however I don't think it will damage the vehicle.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    All? NO ALL!

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    You'd be wasting money tuning the car on the OEM intercooler IMO.

Do yourself a favor -- skip the STI TMIC and get something reasonable like ETS or ProcessWest.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly stock 2015 STi - Seeking B-Street supremacy
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon (SOLD)

Zach | Moderator | Now chock-full of more subforums! |
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

5. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'm getting a tune because my car is in CEL mode (deleted tgv's) and I went to stage 2. I was just wondering if I'll be fine right now with a sti turbo and stock intercooler

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.