Subaru WRX Forum banner

Head gaskets

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  MainFrame 
#1 ·
Hi all, I have a 2013 wrx.
I'm wondering what the OEM thickness of the head gaskets is, I do plan on doing a lot of work on the car, so when the time comes and I need to replace which company should I use for replacement? Or I should just stick with OEM?

#4 ·
I just bought 2012 wrx and I got a great deal on it because it needed head gasket repair and a very reputable mechanic was telling me in our conversation which I had the same question and he said OEM is the way to go for me now mine is decently modified but noting insane. I know it don't help much but I figure id chime in but for ball out power and rebuild idk

#6 ·
The OEM MLS head gasket has by far the best contact area and least failures compared to any of the aftermarket options. That said, if you're sleeving, o-ringing, or even just boring out the stock sleeves you will need to use an aftermarket head gasket since OEM only comes in one size. I'm using JE gaskets with ARP Custom Age 625+ head studs on mine. (the head studs you use will ultimately be more important that the gaskets if you plan on turning up the boost)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.