Subaru WRX Forum banner

TMIC VS FMIC

4K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  irickchad 
#1 ·
So I recently just sold my tmic cuz I was gonna swap to a ETS FMIC however now I'm trying to find any reason not to purchase the ETS FMIC I'm in over my head with this car I've already thrown down $10,000 in mods in the current build I'm doing and I have another 5k to put it to make it complete so I'm trying to save money where I can. Would a process west TMIC be inefficient with a FP RED on e85 at around 400whp if I go this route it would save me a fair amount of cash I'm trying to justify any reason not to spend $1300 on a intercooler. Just want to take kind of a small poll and get your guys opinions if you were a little strapped for money would you guys stay TMIC or say F it and go FMIC.

#3 ·
FP Red should bring you closer to 500whp on E85. If you're looking to stay in the 400whp range, you should be looking at something more along the lines of a GTX3071R (or equivalent).

You've got chemical intercooling on your side with the ethanol, so the I/C isn't going to be as important as if you were running pump gas.

#4 ·
IF you want 400whp you may want to consider a ported green with a 2.4" inlet, because an FP Red is going to make a lot more power than that, especially on E85.

For example, on a non-ported green, my last car's setup made 355whp and 379 wtq and that was on a very conservative tune, and only 19psi.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.