2016 wrx big turbo question?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2016 wrx big turbo question? within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Is there any way to do a big turbo set up without the outrageous price of ETS turbo kit? My ...

2016 wrx big turbo question?

Is there any way to do a big turbo set up without the outrageous price of ETS turbo kit? My uncle has an evo and they took the stock turbo and changes some internalls and I think borred it out a little bit. Would something like this be possible or even just buying a big turbo without having to do the whole kit

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nope.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    A good quality "big" turbo is going to cost around $2000 by itself.. then you're going to need waste gates, new manifold, and all the other supporting modifications.

For External Use Only irickchad's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    You get what you pay for.
    I have an STi with an intake and no tune, I never change my oil, and my wheel spacerz are mad tyte.

Just save up to do everything you want....The right way. Don't rush into anything. Learn your car. Do modifications a little bit at a time. "Just in case you want to change something along the way you'll know what it is. You will learn your car better as you add parts. Rather than just slamming everything on it at once, not liking the way it feels.

I have a 16 wrx as well. I'm saving up money for supporting mods before anything.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

There was a company making an upgrade oem turbo, but so far the results aren't that impressive.

I Support ClubWRX
    The platform is still too new. Give it time.

Currently Grimmspeed is working on a kit. But I'm willing to bet it will be about as expensive as the ETS Kit. But at least it will drive competition.
    GrimmSpeed EFR7163 Twinscroll FA20DIT Turbo Kit - Development Thread - NASIOC

Your next best bet is the Steamspeed turbo upgrade which is also in development.
    SteamSpeed FA20 (2015 WRX) stock location turbo R&D - NASIOC

I'd expect in the next 2-3 years there will be a lot more options for the FA20 crowd, but currently if you don't want to spend a ton of money, the stock turbo is probably your best bet.
    ...BECAUSE RALLY CAR

Current Build: 2015 WRX Premium - WRB - Stage 2

The SteamSpeed kits are available to purchase. From what I read it's a direct swap with the factory turbocharger, no other parts needed.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.