Subaru WRX Forum banner

TGV Delete Question

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  MainFrame 
#1 ·
I've been shopping around for TGV deletes here recently and am curious what your opinions are on the different options out there.

Option one would be to buy the stock modified TGV deletes from a company/service like Circuit Motorsports or Grimmspeed ($200) and send my old TGV's in for a core charge (-$150). Total cost $50, which seems odd to me, am I missing something?

The other option would be to buy plastic TGV deletes from Zerolift Motorsports or MachV Motorsport ($200). Around $200 total. I'm also wondering if the plastic, other than looking sleek and black and matching the manifold, would be worth it from a performance or mechanical standpoint. I know plastic does not absorb radiant heat from the block like metal would. Would it really be worth the extra cost in your opinion?

note: I plan on pairing this with phenolic spacers.

Thanks in advance

Sincerely,
Wreckingball

#4 ·
Will do. And that's convenient that they are significantly cheaper option.

I have TIC TGV deletes in my 2016 and they work great with the Tourqed performance tune. TIC TGV deletes seemed to be made out of aluminum, not sure the exact material but they were sturdy material. Ran me a whole $95
I'll look into those, thanks.

#5 ·
There's also the option to do your own TGV deletes.

It's really not that difficult, though the removal of the center partition takes a bit of skill. PM Donkey and see if he can shoot you some pointers... The guy is pretty skilled with his hands :giggity:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.