When are step colder Spark plugs needed?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on When are step colder Spark plugs needed? within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have a 2016 wrx, currently on stage 2 with TIC TGV deletes and a grimspeed ECBS. Do I need ...

When are step colder Spark plugs needed?

I have a 2016 wrx, currently on stage 2 with TIC TGV deletes and a grimspeed ECBS. Do I need step colder spark plugs or am I good with the stock ones?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Personally, I'd ask my tuner his/her opinion
    "Straight roads are for fast cars, curvy roads are for fast drivers." -Colin McRae

In most cases you won't need them until you're making north of 450hp with a bigger turbo... You'll know if you need them, most common issue will be misfires up in the RPM band... but yest ask your tuner for a clear cut answer if you are experiencing any issues.
    Present: 2016 Subaru WRX Pro-Tuned
    Instagram: Steamax
    Build Thread: Click Here
    YouTube: Click Here

Yep tuner.
    Misfires might be gap issues. My car HATES stock heat range at stage 2 and will knock pretty badly.

Quote Originally Posted by UEDan View Post
    Yep tuner.
    Misfires might be gap issues. My car HATES stock heat range at stage 2 and will knock pretty badly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steemax View Post
    In most cases you won't need them until you're making north of 450hp with a bigger turbo... You'll know if you need them, most common issue will be misfires up in the RPM band... but yest ask your tuner for a clear cut answer if you are experiencing any issues.
    I contacted my tuner and he said I should be fine, I haven't had any issues expect my car idiels rough sometimes but it did that stock so I think it's normal. Just wasn't sure if it was a nessasity or not! Thanks for the posts!

With our boxer motor some roughness is to be expected.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.