'05 STi catch can installation

This is a discussion on '05 STi catch can installation within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Tried a search, and never came up with anything, so I figured I'd post this here and you guys can ...

'05 STi catch can installation

Tried a search, and never came up with anything, so I figured I'd post this here and you guys can tell me right or wrong.

Now, when I wanted to do this, I noticed 2 things about the STi. One, the PCV under the TB connected to the inlet pipe on the turbo, and two, another source of engine fumes coming from each head on the black tubes attached to the I/C connected to a different port on the inlet tube of the turbo.

So what I did is this, I plugged the inlet tube from the black tubes. I then took my new lines, connected the outlet of the PCV, and the black tubes (on the I/C) to a 'Y' junction, then into the catch can. Then I ran one line from the catch can to the white plastic connector where the PCV used to attach to.

So now the inlet on the old PCV tube is pulling both from the PCV port, and the black tubes. Does this sound right? I know some people resorted to 2 catch can, but I couldn't see the room, or the purpose of this. I'm going to try and get pics up t/m, but can anyone confirm what I did? I've noticed no stuttering or issues, but since yesterday, haven't really noticed any oil traces or liquid in the can. How long does it usually take to start seeing the difference?

And please, only constructive critizism only as I need to know as much as possible about these setups.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i dont have a c/c in my sti or wrx but i had 1 on my 99gsx and u have to hit high rpm's to really see the oil in the lines !
    please post pics !

Quote Originally Posted by rr1911
    i dont have a c/c in my sti or wrx but i had 1 on my 99gsx and u have to hit high rpm's to really see the oil in the lines !
    please post pics !

I've been driving the car as normal (and going WOT many times as usual), and haven't seemed to notice anything yet, but i'll check again in the morning. i know there isn't going to be a lot of liquid in there, but i just want some kind of sign that it's workign right.

get back up there.

up

bueller?