Fewest mods for 300whp
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Fewest mods for 300whp within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Just a quick one. I am just pre planning some mod ideas for a 2009 WRX. It is one of ...

Fewest mods for 300whp

Just a quick one.

I am just pre planning some mod ideas for a 2009 WRX. It is one of the cars I am looking at getting and would like to see what I am expecting to have to put into it parts and cash wise.

I don't want to have to raise the boost to crazy levels, but a small increase will be fine. I don't want to do any turbo mods. And I would like the engine bay to look as stock as possible.

What I have been looking at has been equal length headers. De-Cat and full exhaust system, doing the up/down pipes. Intake. And of course having it tuned.
    But has anybody done just these few mods. And what sort of gains did you get. I also know better brands will give better performance and reliability. I am just looking at this from an on average point of view. For products in the middle of the range perhaps.

I plan on hitting 300hp at the wheels. So with these mods will I make it, if not then what else would I need. I don't really want to go to much over 300whp, since I want the car to be as reliable as possible. And I don't want to have to uprate all the brakes and engine mounts or whatever.

Thanks guys.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Downpipe and pro-tune.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly stock 2015 STi - Seeking B-Stock supremacy
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon (SOLD)

Zach | Moderator | Builds, Electronics/Car Audio, Engine Modifications, Mid-Atlantic States, Suspension & Wheels, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs |
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Downpipe and pro-tune.
    How much would that run someone?

THE Resident Non-shifter JaySin's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 93528761 View Post
    How much would that run someone?
    Typically $1000-$1200 in total.

Quote Originally Posted by JaySin View Post
    Typically $1000-$1200 in total.
    Thats not bad, so if i bought a catback and a protune would i be at 300? Or would a downpipe be needed for MOARRR POWAAAA?

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Downpipe
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly stock 2015 STi - Seeking B-Stock supremacy
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon (SOLD)

Zach | Moderator | Builds, Electronics/Car Audio, Engine Modifications, Mid-Atlantic States, Suspension & Wheels, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs |
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

THE Resident Non-shifter JaySin's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 93528761 View Post
    Thats not bad, so if i bought a catback and a protune would i be at 300? Or would a downpipe be needed for MOARRR POWAAAA?
    DP & a tune will both be cheaper AND yield better power results. A tune and CBE will cost more (includes mid pipe) and not give the best results. The DP is a larger factor. A CBE is more for sound. You can get a tune and change NOTHING and get some decent increases if you want to stay on a tighter budget for now. Just keep in mind you'll need another tune if you later decide to change the DP.

Zax and jaysin said the answers. Don't pretend like you're going to stop there though. That's what we all said. Now I'm sitting on aftermarket intake full tback full suspension, shifter, wheels tires, and waiting on my parts for e85 to ship lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
    fear is the mind killer

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.