Subaru WRX Forum banner

Intercooler?

945 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  cdunning24 
#1 ·
How much hp would an intercooler add with stock eveything except Cobb Accessport? 09 wrx

#3 ·
from what ive learned is that a new aftermarket intercooler is more utilized for the next step in mods or stages you plan on getting into. not to say that the component itself doesnt increase HP, but moreso supports or promotes the HP gain of additional addons and stage development.

i was looking to get into an up pipe and EWG but was told its the wrong direction, and that will be after certain mods that need to take place first to make sure its done proficiently and efficiently. so the next step in my progression is an intercooler, which will help support new injectors and a fuel pump. then i can get back into up pipe EWG and EBCS.

hope this helps and anyone correct me if im completely wrong.

#6 ·
:rotfl:

But seriously, without a custom tune, it will provide little to no benefit. With a custom tune, it will allow you to run more efficient boost. A good aftermarket intercooler will take you from + or - 3psi in pressure drop from the turbo to the intake manifold to a 1 or less psi drop.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.