Subaru WRX Forum banner

Stage 2+ SF Finally Dyno pull.

8K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  withoutt 
#1 ·
Hey all,

So, I have a 2014 WRX premium Hatchback. My buddy owns the high end performance shop here in south-eastern WI. We put my WRX up on the dyno to pull to see what kind of power I'm getting with simple mods added.

Mods:

Invidia dual racing cat back exhaust
Cobb 3' Downpipe
Cobb Short-Ram Intake.
Stage 2+ SF 93 oct accessport tune.

Car threw down 340 HP at crank, 315 at wheels. Amazing how simple upgrades added 50 HP.

Next up is going to be a front mount intercooler with a tune from them.

#2 ·
I would get a bigger TMIC.
I just got the new Grimmspeed TMIC it is awesome.
The front mounts are great, but they do have a lot of piping.
And you have to cut space for mounting.
What kind of Dyno was it?
My car has 325whp 350tq. It has a turbo back exhaust, Cobb SF with box, Cobb EBCS, and the Grimmspeed top mount. Definitely a solid start. If you haven't done so already start replacing the crappy stock mounts and bushings.

#4 ·
Without, 315 sounds pretty good for those mods.

Townline, I hear you about piping on the FMIC. I just installed one on my car and I wish I would have gone top mount. I bought an AVO FMIC kit, but I believe it was for a Legacy. The piping was not right for my car. The intercooler itself bolted up fine. I ended up making about 75% of my own piping because I bought this kit for a great cash price with no receipt.

I also installed an Grimmspeed up pipe with Tial 38mm EWG with Grimmspeed EBCS. Getting it protuned this Saturday, so hopefully the non heat soaked intercooler does its job.

#5 ·
These are impressive numbers with those bolt ons. :thumbup: I have pretty much the same setup minus the Cobb intake but that's coming soon :wiggles:

#6 ·
I'd consider a proper TMIC before a FMIC with your current modifications.

Post a pic of your dyno plot. Numbers mean very little.

#8 ·
Same I want to see the sheet as well, 20% lost roughly to wheels from crank would be more like 280ish whp and for a protune stage 2 sounds about right on 93 with a aggressive tune. Same with Townline. 80+whp off simple stage 2+ seems a bit high on pump gas when most guy running simple TP stage 3 OTS hit 280-300 tops on a dyno jet which i hav eseen alot in my area with these numbers. on a Mustang your looking in the 265-270 range. Post up the sheet boys and not Virtual dyno :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.