Subaru WRX Forum banner

2013 WRX vs GT500

2K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  ProZach626 
#1 ·
I have a 2013 wrx with Invidia n1 race catback single and nothing else. If I were to race a GT500 (most likely about stock) anywhere from '10-'14, how would I square up? Like a rolling start. I've raced one before and won and tbh I feel like they're overrated but once I saw the specs of the 350+hp vs my about 270mph I was curious on how I won. AWD or better driver? Please comment with opinions and correct me if I'm wrong... Politely haha :), btw I'm JDM and a Subie enthusiast for life!!!!

#5 ·
Yeah the only chance you should have against a gt500 is on the launch but soon after you launched he should have sucked u up I'm definitely not trying to stick up for the Mustang because I hate them but a gt500 is a nasty bitch and for like I think 10 and up they have 500hp and 500tq so either dude couldn't drive for **** or it wasn't a real gt500

#8 ·
A GT500 ( On any track, and off the street, since there's a 0 tolerance policy for talking about street racing on this forum ) will eat your stock WRX alive. There's also vast differences in the years you mentioned considering the new ones have over 600 Horses to the crank. It's a supercharged v8 that can destroy your car stock, and have over 1,000hp on tap with minimal mods, and you're saying it's "over rated" ?

You also mentioned " All mustangs in those model years" which means you're lumping in the last year of the 4.6 with the first year of the "coyote", and they're vastly different engines.

Sounds like you need to go around pizza boy, street's closed.

#10 ·
Or we could just make a thread about how many ways we can say "he would annihilate you" and vote on the funniest ones.

The problem here is yes the wrx is fast, for what it is. The GT500 is a completely different class of vehicle, whose class of vehicle happens to be performance far beyond a reasonably stock or slightly modified wrx is gonna do on its best day, especially the newer ones.

#9 ·
1) Not sure if trolling...

2) We don't condone street racing here.

3) Sorry to burst any bubbles.. but the GT500 wasn't "racing" you.
He/she may have accelerated briskly to have some fun with you... but they were certainly not "racing" anyone. A GT500 from-a-roll would not walk but would run away from you very quickly. A GT500 from a dig would be very nearly as bad and leave you looking quite slow as well.

4) My advice (not that you asked) would be to stop trying to compare stoplight "speed" between a WRX to V8 Mustangs.
they are very different platforms with distinctly different strengths and weaknesses. Maybe concentrate on having fun with what you have. Safely.

:)

#13 ·
Why does this thread keep happening :face:

#15 ·
It sounds like you got the wrong car. If you want to go stop light to stop light... I mean... race track to race track... you should have picked up something different. There was a time when the gap between muscle cars and fun Japanese cars was less, but lately the muscle cars have again lengthened the gap... by bus lengths...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.