Kakimoto exhaust
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Kakimoto exhaust within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hello guys I been trying to search on forums and Ive had no luck, so I want to ask, I'm ...

Talking Kakimoto exhaust

Hello guys I been trying to search on forums and Ive had no luck, so I want to ask, I'm in look for a kakimoto Gt 1.0z exhaust, my question is if there is a huge difference in loudness between the stainless steel and the titanium one. And if anyone could refer a website that they have order theirs from before .

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I've never heard of Kakimoto before, but doing some quick research, it looks like they were niche JDM exhausts from the bugeye-era, which probably explains why you're interested, haha.

Why do you have to have this exhaust? It looks and sounds just like the Nvidia N1, which can be found on nearly all Subaru vendor sites for fairly inexpensively. I'd suggest shopping around a bit and seeing if there are any more modern exhausts you like.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

Honestly my first option was the invidia n1 race exhaust since it's louder than the street but hen I found out about Kakimoto and I want is since its jdm and because of it's exclusiveness. I don't have to have it but it would deff set me apart from the rest in my area

I Support ClubWRX
    if you want it just because of JDM go a head the prices look about the same and im sure they cant be that bad. Sound shouldn't be that much different if any between stainless and Ti

If you don't like it you can always sell it but make sure to include a JDM as Fu*k sticker you'll sell it quicker
    Last edited by cflip2x; 01-14-2015 at 03:18 PM.
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Cobb Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Pads & Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley | Perrin Cold Air Intake

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX Build

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    It's just an exhaust... What is there to "set you apart?"
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator | Builds, Electronics/Car Audio, Engine Modifications, Mid-Atlantic States, Suspension & Wheels, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs |
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm with zax on this... I can't imagine anyone in their right mind and/or having a life is going to look under a car and be impressed with a piece of metal just because it was assembled in Japan or anywhere else.

Since the exhaust you want looks like any number of other exhausts, many -- if not all -- of which are from Asia, there will be nothing to set the car apart visually. Now, maybe that's a good thing after all, but in any case, I'd not worry too much about all that.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    I looked a kakimoto for years, only came across a handful of them and all outrageously priced. Not to mention the fact they won't fit. Your car is still USDM no matter how many JDM parts you put on it.

Do what I did. Give up. I ended up with a JiC Magic exhaust. And you know, it still dosn't suit me perfect. I've gone through many exhausts and will likely go through a few more before I find the right one. I'm open to anything. I might let it go for the right offer.

If you want to set yourself apart by looks or "rarity," get an HKS Carbon Ti, JiC Magic, Prodrive, Buddy Club, AVO, any titanium exhaust. Those seem to be the rarities in the subaru world.

I Support ClubWRX
    On this forum my car is ultra-rare. A 2002 single owner car using only Subaru authentic parts... It's all relative!
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wreckingball man View Post
    I looked a kakimoto for years, only came across a handful of them and all outrageously priced. Not to mention the fact they won't fit. Your car is still USDM no matter how many JDM parts you put on it.
    It is USDM, but built and assembled in Japan, just like that "JDM" part.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator | Builds, Electronics/Car Audio, Engine Modifications, Mid-Atlantic States, Suspension & Wheels, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs |
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.