The question: Can I run e85
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on The question: Can I run e85 within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I couldnt really find much so I decided to make a post. Also I think some e85 info should be ...

The question: Can I run e85

I couldnt really find much so I decided to make a post. Also I think some e85 info should be put in the sticky thats above. I really wanna make quick hp when I feel like it lol my buddy in his evoX did the pump swap as well as the bigger injectors and better rails so he could run it. His fuel lines also dont need to be changed as they alow it as well. I dont know much about e85 except that you can get great gains for cheap since its practically race fuel and it also smells delicious. I really want to run the fuel on a dual map so I can switch when I run either 91 or the ethanol which is the ideal. So on my 2004 wrx 2.0L T, is it possible to run ethanol without changing the fuel lines (just an upgrade to injectors and pump and rails?)? I'll have an access port within a few weeks as well as I also will have the car tuned at dynojet too if I need it as well.
    @specterstruck::instagram Sal.LV93@RaceDezert SalvatoreLV93@DirtyImpreza sal.lv93@ClubWRX
    2004 Impreza WRX
    1993 K1500 Long Travel Silverado

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Injectors and pump are usually all that's necessary
    I would suggest using Cobbs ots maps properly for the quickest gains
    Are you comparing an evo x to an 04 wrx?
    Stinkeye member 520

Quote Originally Posted by nsibanez View Post
    Injectors and pump are usually all that's necessary
    I would suggest using Cobbs ots maps properly for the quickest gains
    Are you comparing an evo x to an 04 wrx?

Well not necessarily comparing just in the sense of the upgrades needed kinda way cause I helped him install the pump and rail and it seemed easy enough but the injectors are what I noticed is a pain comparing to a -4 from an |4. Apparently though is what I hear about the difficulty difference. Its good to hear thats pretty much all I need though. Replacing the lines would just be a precautionary measure though right?

Most likely but the lines really don't need to be replaced. Probably not unless you're trying to go for extreme power from these cars
    Besides a tune I'd recommend the DW 255lph pump on ID1000. Then tune for pump and e85. Plus it's what I'm thinking of doing just so I don't need to worry about getting bad gas here
    Stinkeye member 520

Okay yeah cause honestly all I really want yo make in in end is at least 325-350 hp after other modifications as well as this d85 thing
    @specterstruck::instagram Sal.LV93@RaceDezert SalvatoreLV93@DirtyImpreza sal.lv93@ClubWRX
    2004 Impreza WRX

I Support ClubWRX
    You don't need to replace the lines to run E85, necessarily. The lines are usually replaced on bigger HP builds. Based on your question, it doesn't seem you're anywhere needing to replace them.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Thats awesome to hear! I also asked a few guys at the shop I work at too and this guy with a new genesis is doing the same thing when he gets his ecu back with the maps on it, said the same thing lol unless I was pushing 600hp I shouldn't have to change the lines. Well when I do the install ill be sure to take picture and videos so I can put them up in this thread for anyone else that wants to also run e85 👍
    2004 Impreza WRX

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.