Start up after new turbo, ebcs, ewg install without tune?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Start up after new turbo, ebcs, ewg install without tune? within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys, today was a busy day... I installed a VF39 turbo, TiAL 38mm EWG and the Cobb EBCS on ...

Start up after new turbo, ebcs, ewg install without tune?

Hey guys, today was a busy day... I installed a VF39 turbo, TiAL 38mm EWG and the Cobb EBCS on my 2004 WRX. It is not tuned currently. I need to move my car into my garage and I was wondering if it was safe to even start it up the way it is now. I am currently on a stage 2 HWG OTS map from cobb, 100% catless right now. If I stay out of boost and only have it running long enough to move it, is it safe? I don't wanna blow my **** up, ya dig?

Also swapping out turbos I lost quite a bit of coolant, what's the best way to top off my coolant?

One last question, is there a way/do I need to/should I prime oil and coolant into my new vf39? I'm assuming it's empty right now, or doesn't that matter so much?

Thanks everyone!
    "I would rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone built it for me, your car is your story, don't let someone else write the book." --Moog

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

1) You should be fine if you stay out of boost.

2) Top of radiator if you really did lose that much coolant. Then burp the system by filling the coolant reservior above the turbo near the intercooler.

3) I would prime it. Pull the inition fuse and "start" the car with no ignition.

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm just curious why you didn't research this before doing the swap? No injectors?
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Quote Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
    I'm just curious why you didn't research this before doing the swap? No injectors?
    I did actually, most people said stay out of boost, just wanted a third opinion is all. Injectors are going in Saturday
    "I would rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone built it for me, your car is your story, don't let someone else write the book." --Moog

I Support ClubWRX
    I would not advise trying to drive the car with larger injectors and no tune. What are you going to use for engine management?
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Quote Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
    I would not advise trying to drive the car with larger injectors and no tune. What are you going to use for engine management?
    I'm having my tuner email me a base map for my Cobb AP so I can limp my car to the dyno (4 miles away). It's kind of like and e-tune

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.