Resonator delete or muffler delete.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Resonator delete or muffler delete. within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I want to make my 2012 wrx louder. Which route should I go? Resonator delete? Or muffler delete. Or both? ...

Resonator delete or muffler delete.

I want to make my 2012 wrx louder. Which route should I go? Resonator delete? Or muffler delete. Or both? Also should I be worried about a check engine light? What can cause one?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Just got my first wrx. I'm doing a down pipe, catted, magna flow resonator and no mufflers, I'm hooping that will sound good. I heard a no resonator on YouTube and I didn't like it. Too loud

You won't get a cel from an exhaust mod unless it's before the cat. Muffler and resonator delete shouldn't cause one
    Stinkeye member 520

I Support ClubWRX
    if you want louder most go with a nameless axle back but personally I would go with an invida q300 and you should be happy. Though if you want even louder the N1 exhaust. That way you are having a full 3in catback. I have the SPT and I like it but for the same prince (new) invida would be a better choice
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

Quote Originally Posted by nsibanez View Post
    You won't get a cel from an exhaust mod unless it's before the cat. Muffler and resonator delete shouldn't cause one
    How loud do you think my rex will be if I delete both? Also will I keep my quads if I go with muff delete

Can't tell you exactly...It'll sound nice though. You should be able to keep it quieter when wanted with light throttle
    Stinkeye member 520

Bill Freakin Murray TownLine500's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by cflip2x View Post
    if you want louder most go with a nameless axle back but personally I would go with an invida q300 and you should be happy. Though if you want even louder the N1 exhaust. That way you are having a full 3in catback. I have the SPT and I like it but for the same prince (new) invida would be a better choice
    I have the Invidia N1 and a Cobb catted down pipe.
    Awesome sound, some say it's loud but I don't feel that it is. I have no silencers and the sound is quality. When in doubt if you need to quiet down in a hurry with any exhaust, pop it in neutral works every time.
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2009 Subaru Impreza (I bought it new for my Mom)
    2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    1996 Honda Civic Lx
    WRX genuine Face Ripping ACCELERATION!!!

My Boston Beat Down Build Thread
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-build.html

Quote Originally Posted by TownLine500 View Post
    I have the Invidia N1 and a Cobb catted down pipe.
    Awesome sound, some say it's loud but I don't feel that it is. I have no silencers and the sound is quality. When in doubt if you need to quiet down in a hurry with any exhaust, pop it in neutral works every time.
    OR better yet, get straight pipes and an external wastegate, driving by a cop downshift and mash the pedal to the floor
    Live dangerously
    Stinkeye member 520

Bill Freakin Murray TownLine500's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by nsibanez View Post
    OR better yet, get straight pipes and an external wastegate, driving by a cop downshift and mash the pedal to the floor
    Live dangerously
    As long as it's tuned.
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2009 Subaru Impreza (I bought it new for my Mom)
    2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    1996 Honda Civic Lx
    WRX genuine Face Ripping ACCELERATION!!!

My Boston Beat Down Build Thread
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-build.html

I have the 3.5" Nameless muffler delete on my 14 sedan, the rest of the exhaust being stock. It's actually perfect sounding IMO, I had a full stage 2 turbo back on my last wrx and it was a bit obnoxious for me.

I love my muffler delete!! It's not all that loud to be honest. I bought two flanges and took them to a muffler shop to get straight pipe welded on. Cost me $60 at the shop and $30 for the flanges. Here is the only clip I have

http://youtu.be/lUu822HJsOg

I've thought about having the resonator cut off as well, but not sure I want to drive something that sounds like a rally car for my
    DD everyday. Lol

Delete both its the way to go

How loud will it be

Quote Originally Posted by wrxulf View Post
    How loud will it be
    My best guess is loud enough lol. You will be happy with it. Honestly I will get a lot of hate for this but if you want it really loud, you can get a muffler and a res delete, thats really the way to go in my opinion. But yeah, deleting both will probably be very loud

Quote Originally Posted by farinuh View Post
    My best guess is loud enough lol. You will be happy with it. Honestly I will get a lot of hate for this but if you want it really loud, you can get a muffler and a res delete, thats really the way to go in my opinion. But yeah, deleting both will probably be very loud
    Woah, this sounds pretty badass!! Might have to get that resonator cut off!!! http://youtu.be/Z_CIHZcnCCc

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast