Subaru WRX Forum banner

2015 WRX Mishimoto or ETS intake

20K views 29 replies 8 participants last post by  Fortypopper 
#1 ·
Im planning on pulling the trigger on an intake this week but im having trouble deciding between the two. I will be using the intake on the 93 stock tune for a couple months untill i get a protune. Both companys claim that its safe to use on the stock 93 tune, and ive seen that people have had no issues thus far. I have not yet heard the ETS,intake setup yet and id like to hear some feedback if anyone has one. I was going to go mishimoto because more people have it and theres no problems with it sofar. Then i saw that the ETS uses a bigger cone filter on their setup and im wondering if that would increase the sound/power?

-Wrxedd

#9 ·
wrxedd said:
I guess theres no way around tuning, i will be ordering an AP This week and wait for the intake before protuning. Hopefully stage 1 with exhaust will provide good gains for 650.
You will require custom mapping of the vehicle...talk to the person who is doing the tune and see if they use/prefer other methods. They may do OpenECU tuning which wouldn't require you to purchase a device, just pay for the tuning service.

#12 ·
wrxedd said:
Yes i know i will need a protune for the intake but i, will be be using the stock intake with stage 1 OTS.
But if you get custom tuned via OpenECU you only pay for the tune itself ($400-500) and save yourself $650 for an AP purchase (vs AP purchase + tune)

#23 · (Edited)
Thanks for the interest in our intake setup! As we have found during testing/development, the 2015 WRX responds very well to intake/exhaust modifications. We saw some really nice power gains with our intake installed with the factory tune, and huge numbers when we developed a tune specific for our product (70 whp gains, shown below). We are now working on finalizing tunes for our downpipe, and we are working to develop a cat-back exhaust. We will be offering free tunes for all of our products for use on the EcuTek tuning device. Our hope is that we can make around 300 whp with our intake, downpipe, cat-back and tune.

I will probably go with the mishimoto but i heard that its risky to have a catback installed with the intake on stock tune because its too rich. I never knew a catback caused you to run rich...
During our product testing, we found that a vehicle with a cat-back exhaust combined with our intake setup was producing slightly leaner AFR's compared to our intake setup by itself. Because of this, we do not recommend combining the two components unless you intend to have the vehicle tuned. As mentioned above, we will be developing a cat-back exhaust and we will have a tune specific for this component in-conjunction with our intake!

Feel free to follow-up with any questions regarding our intake, I would be happy to help.

#30 ·
Thanks for the interest in our intake setup! As we have found during testing/development, the 2015 WRX responds very well to intake/exhaust modifications. We saw some really nice power gains with our intake installed with the factory tune, and huge numbers when we developed a tune specific for our product (70 whp gains, shown below). We are now working on finalizing tunes for our downpipe, and we are working to develop a cat-back exhaust. We will be offering free tunes for all of our products for use on the EcuTek tuning device. Our hope is that we can make around 300 whp with our intake, downpipe, cat-back and tune.

During our product testing, we found that a vehicle with a cat-back exhaust combined with our intake setup was producing slightly leaner AFR's compared to our intake setup by itself. Because of this, we do not recommend combining the two components unless you intend to have the vehicle tuned. As mentioned above, we will be developing a cat-back exhaust and we will have a tune specific for this component in-conjunction with our intake!

Feel free to follow-up with any questions regarding our intake, I would be happy to help.
Is the intake ok with stock tune at high altitude?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.