Invida V2 DP
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Invida V2 DP within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I had a question on if its even worth wraping a DP, ive read people say no unless ur going ...

Invida V2 DP

I had a question on if its even worth wraping a DP, ive read people say no unless ur going over 400HP (Which deffinately wont happen in the near future) but also Im reading people saying its a must do. Anyone have any suggestions?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I wrapped mine to protect my CV axle boot and keep my underhood temperature down. Even then, I only wrapped it about halfway down. There really is no reason to wrap it past the point it is out of the engine bay. Remember, the stock DP came heat shielding - on a car that had presumably less power than a car tuned for a DP - and thus emitted less heat. Like I said, without the wrap you can cook your CV boots pretty quick - next thing you know you'll have grease all over your DP... hot grease = lots of nasty smelling smoke.
    2002 OBP WRX - Stage II - "Black Betty"
    1987 Subaru GL Wagon - Stock - "Mr. Ratburn" - SOLD

MTM
    Im going to ceramic coat mine. I should have done it before I installed it but I didnt. Ill have to take it off and do it soon though. Too bad youre not closer or I would have done yours too. Im pretty cheap.

If anything I would ceramic coat it. Wrapping the pipe can cause premature failure of the tubing over time.

On the older wrx's, the down pipe ran closer to the firewall and that rubber piece coming out of it.

On my 14, there is plenty of room all around it, plus I'm running the Cobb heat shield. I'm not concerned.
    14 sedan Limited: AEM intake, Tomioka IC hose, Cobb AP V3, Invidia down pipe with 3" cat, custom 3" mandrel bent single exhaust, Aem air fuel gauge,Cobb knob,Perrin Pitch Stop mount, SPT front strut tower brace, K-Sport coilovers@1.5" drop.

07 Duramax LBZ- 26psi,intake, TBE, Diablosport programmer, Edge Insight with EGT, EGR block off, BD exhaust manifold, PPE fuel valve.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.