Stick exhaust question
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Stick exhaust question within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Subaru has a "performance exhaust" option for the wrx. I opted not to get it because it was just to ...

Stick exhaust question

Subaru has a "performance exhaust" option for the wrx. I opted not to get it because it was just to expensive. However I found one for a good deal. Can I even Steven swap stock for performance stock without having to re tune? Just really don't want to invest much into the car to get a better sound.
    It's a 2012 bone stock wrx

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'm guessing you are talking about the SPT (subaru performance tuning) catback. They sounds good, and many people run them. And no, you will not need to tune your car for a catback exhaust. Tuning isnt required until you put a downpipe on, or other mods such as intake, etc. However, for the price new, there are much better options out there. Invidia, nameless, perrin, just to name a few.
    2011 WRB WRX hatchback---Stage 2
    Stink-Eye Mob #301
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ld-thread.html <----Build Thread

My buddy hAS a 2015 launch edition and he just put on the Nameless axel back exhaust and it sounds amazing, I've got the 2015 limited and my axel back will be here in a couple weeks. it a great sound for the price.

The Guy On The Couch TownLine500's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by WRX2015STI View Post
    My buddy hAS a 2015 launch edition and he just put on the Nameless axel back exhaust and it sounds amazing, I've got the 2015 limited and my axel back will be here in a couple weeks. it a great sound for the price.
    Just remember with axle backs all your gaining is sound. They don't really do anything for performance.
    Did you order a nameless like your friend? What did you pay for it if you don't mind me asking? I got my whole turbo back for $1200.
    $600 for Cobb catted downpipe and $600 for invidia N1 catback. Check them out on you tube they sound amazing. But that all depends on if you want to stay warranty friendly.
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2009 Subaru Impreza (I bought it new for my Mom)
    2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    1996 Honda Civic Lx
    WRX genuine Face Ripping ACCELERATION!!!

My Boston Beat Down Build Thread
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-build.html

yes i got the nameless like my friend, yeah all i wanted wanted was the Deep rumble, i plan on getting the rest of the exhaust in the future, but as of right now the axel back is just fine.. i payed 390$ with shipping because i wanted the powder coated black ones.

Townline500 is right, axle-backs and cat-backs are sound and looks only. All of that hype you see from manufacturers saying that their catback will give you 12hp is just that, hype. But if its just the rumble you are looking for and you are trying to savor that warranty for as long as you can, then axle/catbacks are the way to go.
    Stink-Eye Mob #301

yes gotta save that warranty for as long as possible, once thats up then maybe i may do some engine mods and all the good stuff. but until then, just an axel back and a couple other exterior mods is about it...... i love that deep rumble from the nameless exhaust, ill recommend that to anyone with an STI

Nameless does have a good tone to it, no doubt about that! But for me, I'll stick with Invidia. I have had an invidia turbo-back exhaust on 2 of my wrx's and the sound is amazing!
    Stink-Eye Mob #301

I really like the invidia also but that is very loud compared to the nameless, if I had my own house I wouldn't care much about the sound. But I live in an apartment and I don't think my neighbors would like hearing that rumble at 4am when I leave for work. I'll keep the peace for a little bit lol

thats why they make the Q300.
    Stink-Eye Mob #301

The Guy On The Couch TownLine500's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    My N1 is not really loud unless you make it loud, like revving engine downshifting quick Acceleration.
    I don't use the silencers and it's not loud. And if you need quiet in a hurry pop it in neutral, it goes silent.
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2009 Subaru Impreza (I bought it new for my Mom)
    2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    1996 Honda Civic Lx
    WRX genuine Face Ripping ACCELERATION!!!

My Boston Beat Down Build Thread
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-build.html

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.