Turbo replacement?

This is a discussion on Turbo replacement? within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey hows it going I have an 04 wrx wagon with around 135k miles. I was thinking about replacing the ...

Turbo replacement?

Hey hows it going I have an 04 wrx wagon with around 135k miles. I was thinking about replacing the turbo because I feel like its time since the miles are starting to add up. I would like a turbo better than the stock TD04 but im not looking for crazy power. My goal range is around 350HP. Any suggestions on what turbos to look for or what you guys have used that works well would be great. I was reading about going to a vf35 which I believe is the STi's turbo, also what supporting mods do you guys recommend to run with an upgraded turbo?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Mileage alone is not reason to replace a turbo and you cannot upgrade the turbo without upgrading the injectors,fuel pump and retuning the ECU at a bare minimum. The VF35 is not a USDM Sti turbo and is going to be hard to find as well as expensive. The VF39, VF43 and VF48 are much easier to find.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

I Support ClubWRX
    Do you have any other mods on the car?
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

I would reccomend a Grimmspeed boost control solenoid if you still have your oem one.