VF39 VS 16GXT
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on VF39 VS 16GXT within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have a vf39 sitting in my living room I'm considering selling it for a 16gxt is it worth it? ...

VF39 VS 16GXT

I have a vf39 sitting in my living room I'm considering selling it for a 16gxt is it worth it? A VF39 would be a budget build and I could run corn on a VF39 but I really dunno if it'd be worth it to do a 16gxt money wise. Wouldn't I get comparable results running corn on a VF39? Obviously the 16GXT is the overall better turbo right? how much CFM is the VF39 vs the 16GXT? I dunno wanna do a VF39 if its not worth it the reason I picked it up is cuz it would be a lot cheaper to run this VF39 by like $600.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

My dyno graph with a 16gxt is in the first post. Along with my mods, i cant really give insight to the vf39 other than i drove my friends wrx with one and it didnt really feel much faster than my stg2. Also im tuned on ACN91 (piss) octane so boost could have been higher but i was getting some knock. I'm sure with the gas in colorado you will get much better power band than me.

Edit: haha i forgot the link Zach's Hellafunctional 05 WRX
    2005 WRX (Silver) SoCal Subie
    Blobeye Syndicate #1093
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...al-05-wrx.html - Build Thread
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/34009765@N06/ - For whatever pics i take.
    Mikie13-Spend money on hookers and blow. That's a better intake.

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    vf39 has a 36 lb/min compressor wheel, with a relatively small hot side. The 16g-XT has a 41 lb/min compressor wheel with a considerably larger turbine housing (especially if you get the 8cm housing). Both are journal bearing turbos.. other than the size difference, the 16g-XT has a billet aluminum compressor wheel with extended tips, resulting in a lighter wheel with more surface area than the standard cast aluminum wheel that is used in the vf39.

IHI vf39

Compressor Wheel Exducer: 60mm
    Compressor Wheel Inducer: 46.5mm
    Turbine Wheel Exducer: 53mm
    Trim: 82
    IHI P18 turbine housing

Blouch 16g-XT

Compressor Wheel Exducer: 64.3mm
    Compressor Wheel Inducer: 48.3mm
    Turbine Wheel Exducer: 49mm
    Trim: 77.95
    Blouch 7cm or 8cm (optional) turbine housing

The question is, do you want a quicker spooling turbo where power will drop off quickly past 5500rpm, or do you want a turbo that will make more power and hold it till 7000rpm? IS it worth it? I think only you can answer that question.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.