400 hp help! - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 400 hp help! within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by 11blackSTi Public Service Announcement. "I want 400whp!" Are you sure? - NASIOC Take a read through this ...

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post

That's a good read and a lot of true.
    when my friends come up, i hear, "you sold the camarrrroooh.....HOLY BLEEP A WRX!"
    Ya has that effect on me too.
    Rob

Where did he go?? http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ll-thread.html

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by TownLine500 View Post
    Agreed. Those 2.0 Wrx's take some serious time and money to raise whp to 400.
    It can be done but would cost over $15,000. If you love the car get to work. If not see what you could sell it for. The main reason I upgraded from 2004 Wrx to 2013 Wrx was the 04 was an automatic. Drove me nuts after a while.
    Since the new WRX's are also 2.0's, do you think it would be the same case to raise the power on these cars?

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by ssmaximuss View Post
    Since the new WRX's are also 2.0's, do you think it would be the same case to raise the power on these cars?
    You're talking about doubling the factory horsepower. It's the case for all small displacement motors. 400whp is about 500hp to the crank with the large 25% loss these drivetrains have. That being said, the FA20 looks to be a more stout platform than the outgoing EJ25x. However, don't make the cardinal mistake of assuming the motor is invincible. There will be issues here and there.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

^ I hear ya and very true, which is why I went from a modded Veloster Turbo to a WRX... 1.6T had a lot of potential (215WHP/245WTQ after upgrades) but after that it would be really pushing the limits whereas with the WRX there's more rooms to play with.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by ssmaximuss View Post
    whereas with the WRX there's more rooms to play with.
    Not necessarily true.
    2011 WRB WRX Sedan - Q300, Invidia Catted Downpipe, Cobb RAM Intake w/Box, Tuned buy Turn in Concepts
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 04wrxhatch View Post
    I would but I got mine for a good price and I love it and I can afford it

What's the deal then? You paid $6500 for your WRX, that's what you can afford.. but then you want to spend another $15,000 on it.. how exactly can you afford that, but not be able to afford a STi that would get you to your number goal with less total money spent? At this point, you're not making any sense.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.