Upgrade suggestions - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

This is a discussion on Upgrade suggestions within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; You wouldn't need an aftermarket BPV unless you are planning on running higher boost that the stock unit can handle. ...

I Support ClubWRX
    You wouldn't need an aftermarket BPV unless you are planning on running higher boost that the stock unit can handle. Which if that is the case then you would be tuning regardless.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Bill Freakin Murray TownLine500's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    You wouldn't need an aftermarket BPV unless you are planning on running higher boost that the stock unit can handle. Which if that is the case then you would be tuning regardless.

My boost is 18.5 psi. Reason I was asking about BPV, some people say they can fail on stage2 set ups. Haven't had a issue from what I can tell. I won't change it unless I need to. I don't have plans to upgrade turbo anytime soon.
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2009 Subaru Impreza (I bought it new for my Mom)
    2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    1996 Honda Civic Lx
    WRX genuine Face Ripping ACCELERATION!!!

My Boston Beat Down Build Thread
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-build.html

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by TownLine500 View Post
    My boost is 18.5 psi. Reason I was asking about BPV, some people say they can fail on stage2 set ups. Haven't had a issue from what I can tell. I won't change it unless I need to. I don't have plans to upgrade turbo anytime soon.
    The plastic BPV has been known to fail at stage 2 levels, but if you are planning on staying at your current boost and aren't having issues I would wait to upgrade (unless you just want the assurance that you won't have leak issues). If you do go beyond your current level though I would probably get the BPV. Right now it would just be engine bling (assuming your stock is not having issues of course).

Should i replace my stock spark plugs with ngk / denso one step colder ones?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by madraven View Post
    Should i replace my stock spark plugs with ngk / denso one step colder ones?

I wouldn't worry about going a step colder until you have a bigger turbo on there.

Soooooo, it's been a while, I know, most of the parts arrived around 2 days ago so i decided to start installing some until i get her to my pro tuner. So far i installed an Invidia EL header (it was supposed to be Perrin but couldn't find a site that actually had any available or available any time soon)cobb cold air intake and box, my process west tmic got home yesterday (it is and looks awesome!) instructions are somewhat messy imo but got the job done as well as my forge BPV. So far im yet to install injectors (id1000) turbo suction hose (tomei) and DW65c Fuel pump (which i think i'll install somewhere around this week)
    I've been running her without WOT (recommended by tuner) and so far sound DOES change its much much quieter but since i haven't WOT her i'm yet to listen how she'll sound. Boost can now be heard thanks to the intake and the swoosh sound from the forge BPV has a nice moddest ring to it as well.
    If i get the pump on this week i plan on taking her to the tuner next Wednesday so injectors can be mounted and get pro tuned.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Bill Freakin Murray TownLine500's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Sounds good.
    I'm jealous, my next upgrades will be Process West TMIC, injectors, DW65c fuel pump and a wide band 02 sensor. My swaybars go on tomorrow. Keep up the good work, also post some pics. I'll get headers but I'm saving for Killer B Motor sports with Swain Coating, there pricy so I have to wait a while. Did you get a wideband 02 sensor? It would be good for the pro tuning.
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2009 Subaru Impreza (I bought it new for my Mom)
    2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    1996 Honda Civic Lx
    WRX genuine Face Ripping ACCELERATION!!!

My Boston Beat Down Build Thread
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-build.html

Quote Originally Posted by TownLine500 View Post
    Sounds good.
    I'm jealous, my next upgrades will be Process West TMIC, injectors, DW65c fuel pump and a wide band 02 sensor. My swaybars go on tomorrow. Keep up the good work, also post some pics. I'll get headers but I'm saving for Killer B Motor sports with Swain Coating, there pricy so I have to wait a while. Did you get a wideband 02 sensor? It would be good for the pro tuning.
    Yes i do, actually went with the AEM failsafe gauge;

So it's finally all been mounted and tuned 293 whp / 310 torque gained, here's the issue.... Im getting feedback knock at 4th gear...changed gas because initially we thought that would be and it was partially the problem, it smelled like it was old, i'm using 93 octane by the way....when re-tested it improved but still a knock was still present on 4th gear. We also at that time started hearing like a loose metal sound which proved to be the heat shield of the up pipe that detached itself from the welding so I just went ahead and removed it completely. The thing is, my tuner says he believes it could be something hitting the engine (close to the 4th cylinder) he recommends checking all exhaust installation my question is, could the knock sensor capture "noise" that came from outside the engine, like say, something that vibrated hard enough to hit the engine? He says its not broken, what the hell could it be?
    Here's the graphic from that tune, i frankly believed more HP could be gained but both tuner and I want to deal with the knocking first;
    Predator tunning Graphs.pdf
    I have a couple of logs i can upload if needed.
    Last edited by madraven; 09-02-2014 at 07:26 AM.

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Yes, something rattling around on the engine could cause the knock sensor to read false knock.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.