What are the limits of the Accessport?

This is a discussion on What are the limits of the Accessport? within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi everyone - I am about to start modding my '11 WRX hatch (technically I already did a kartboy shifter ...

What are the limits of the Accessport?

Hi everyone -

I am about to start modding my '11 WRX hatch (technically I already did a kartboy shifter but I'm talking power mods) with an accessport. I really like the idea of having OTS tunes for many of the common mods and I don't mind paying a little extra for a quality part. Let's say I end up getting a mod that may not be sold by Cobb, though. Like on my last car I had a Snow Methanol Injection kit which I really liked. Can I have someone dyno tune using the Accessport?

Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    If they have the Cobb software, they can create custom mapping for you.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Yes, many tuners these days will only tune with the accessport. Seems to be the way many shops are tuning now. Another thing I want to touch on is that alot of people get caught up buying everything COBB, for say their stage 2 setup. You do not need to run a cobb downpipe to run their stage 2 map. Any aftermarket downpipe will work just fine with cobb's OTS maps as long as it utilizes the high flo cat in the downpipe. There are many other great companies out there that make excellent downpipes/catbacks/etc. for our cars. Like invidia, perrin, nameless, and so on. And these companies are usually cheaper than cobb. The only thing to worry about when it comes to going stage 2 is the intake if you choose to add an intake to your setup. Cobb only supports their SF intake and the AEM cold air intake with their OTS maps.
    2011 WRB WRX hatchback---Stage 2
    Stink-Eye Mob #301
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ld-thread.html <----Build Thread

I Support ClubWRX
    Go to that maker's site and read the map notes for each map for your year. Also read the FAQs.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    All the info is right on Cobb's website.
    Accesstuner
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S