Q300 all you need?

This is a discussion on Q300 all you need? within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; New guy here! I haven't done any performance mods to my car yet, like many people I'm looking at getting ...

Q300 all you need?

New guy here!

I haven't done any performance mods to my car yet, like many people I'm looking at getting a CBE to get a better sound first. Plus I don't want to void my factory warranty quite yet.

So my question is, if I went with a Invidia Q300 CBE, is this exhaust sufficient in many different build levels? Like from stage 2, to a fully built motor/turbo swap etc. is it good enough for a high level build too, say 500-600 whp? Is the overall bore of the piping large enough? I want the mods I buy from the start to be strong enough for basically the lifetime of the car, and I might just dump a bunch of money into the engine several years down the road. Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    You should be fine I wouldnt worry. Have you have a 450hp+ car before? Will this be your daily driver or fun time car?

While your waiting you may want to read up on this just in case. http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=1393580
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

Thanks. Its funny you ask that, I'm currently reading the "I want 400whp!!!" thread lol. No I haven't had a car with nearly that much power, but I do understand the ridiculous cost of getting there, and keeping it reliable. I just want most the parts I buy now to be able to handle a lot more power, never know where a build on a car will go.

Also, eventually this car will be a fun time car. Right now its my DD. But I plan on buying something cheap when I pay this off and keep the miles low on it.

I Support ClubWRX
    My friend has a 490 sti and the car does not like to go slow. He was thinking he could use it as a DD with his kids in it but no way. It's horrible for commuting and traffic. Though it is a fun cruising car. Just some light power and handling upgrades and you should have a fun and reliable car
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX