Q300 all you need?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Q300 all you need? within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; New guy here! I haven't done any performance mods to my car yet, like many people I'm looking at getting ...

Q300 all you need?

New guy here!

I haven't done any performance mods to my car yet, like many people I'm looking at getting a CBE to get a better sound first. Plus I don't want to void my factory warranty quite yet.

So my question is, if I went with a Invidia Q300 CBE, is this exhaust sufficient in many different build levels? Like from stage 2, to a fully built motor/turbo swap etc. is it good enough for a high level build too, say 500-600 whp? Is the overall bore of the piping large enough? I want the mods I buy from the start to be strong enough for basically the lifetime of the car, and I might just dump a bunch of money into the engine several years down the road. Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    You should be fine I wouldnt worry. Have you have a 450hp+ car before? Will this be your daily driver or fun time car?

While your waiting you may want to read up on this just in case. http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=1393580
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

Thanks. Its funny you ask that, I'm currently reading the "I want 400whp!!!" thread lol. No I haven't had a car with nearly that much power, but I do understand the ridiculous cost of getting there, and keeping it reliable. I just want most the parts I buy now to be able to handle a lot more power, never know where a build on a car will go.

Also, eventually this car will be a fun time car. Right now its my DD. But I plan on buying something cheap when I pay this off and keep the miles low on it.

I Support ClubWRX
    My friend has a 490 sti and the car does not like to go slow. He was thinking he could use it as a DD with his kids in it but no way. It's horrible for commuting and traffic. Though it is a fun cruising car. Just some light power and handling upgrades and you should have a fun and reliable car
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.