stage 2 help please!

This is a discussion on stage 2 help please! within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Nooby here! I have an 08 wrx wagon and just now I installed a Tsudo turbo back with catless dp! ...

stage 2 help please!

Nooby here! I have an 08 wrx wagon and just now I installed a Tsudo turbo back with catless dp! I have an after market cold air intake and a new Cobb AP v3. Need help with maps for it and I already did the stage 2 from the maps on Cobb but if only shows the cold air intake map? Any on the dp??

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Stage 2 is for a downpipe.

You need the stage 2 map for the sf intake and the octane that you run.

If you can't find that map, then go to Cobb's site and you can download it there.

Also, for each map there are two slightly alerted maps labeled HWG and LWG. If you are coming in low on boost according to the map notes, you need the HWG map (high waste gate. If you are running to much boost, you need the LWG (Low Waste Gate).

Finally, datalog in a 3rd pull from 2.5k-redline a few times. Don't log while just cruising around. Just for the pulls. Make sure there are no severe knocks. If you don't know much about this, then go to Cobb's site and research. The info is there how to datalog and what to look for. You can also send them the logs and they will tell you if things look ok.

Thank you so much I got the stage two map on already I dint know about the other two about high or low boost!so do I install that one too?

Only if you aren't hitting your target boost. You need to check the map notes on Cobb's site for your specific map. It will tell you what boost you should expect. If you are within +-1 you should be ok, but you can adjust accordingly with those other maps. They probably aren't on your Accessport, so you will have to download them...but that's only if you need them.

Again, research...research...research. the more you know the better. Lack of knowledge could lead to a very expensive mistake. Cobbs site has a lot of info about datalogging. I strongly suggest reading up on it.

Quote Originally Posted by tesla317 View Post
    Only if you aren't hitting your target boost. You need to check the map notes on Cobb's site for your specific map. It will tell you what boost you should expect. If you are within +-1 you should be ok, but you can adjust accordingly with those other maps. They probably aren't on your Accessport, so you will have to download them...but that's only if you need them.

Again, research...research...research. the more you know the better. Lack of knowledge could lead to a very expensive mistake. Cobbs site has a lot of info about datalogging. I strongly suggest reading up on it.

Thanks a bun h for t he info

I Support ClubWRX
    Also keep in mind that the Cobb maps were designed for a catted downpipe, you very well could have boost creep/overboosting issues. If I were you I'd start with the LWG map and keep a very close eye on your boost levels and knock.

Next, what intake do you have? Cobb's maps were designed for either their intake or the AEM one. If you have a different one you could have issues there as well.

I'd be extremely careful, these cars are very finicky...if you notice any issues it would behoove of you to get in contact with a tuner ASAP. Good luck!

Bill Freakin Murray TownLine500's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I agree! I have a catted Cobb DP a Cobb SF intake, invidia N1 cat back a Cobb AP tuner and a protune.
    I just recently had my car pro tuned. It made a huge difference in whp and torque my tuner built a custom map for my tuner. It's fast. You should run stage 2 low waste gate map. Or if need be the super low waste gate map. They can all be downloaded from Cobb.com. It's real easy to load maps you don't have, just check for update first as Cobb is excellent for continuing support. Then download LWG + SF if you have cobb intake. There is also one from AEM that is supported. What type or brand of intake do you have? You only said aftermarket.
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2009 Subaru Impreza (I bought it new for my Mom)
    2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    WRX genuine Face Ripping ACCELERATION!!!

My Boston Beat Down Build Thread
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-build.html

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    What intake? Cobb's maps are only made for stock, Cobb SF, and AEM CAI.. other intakes are not supported by their OTS maps.

Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    What intake? Cobb's maps are only made for stock, Cobb SF, and AEM CAI.. other intakes are not supported by their OTS maps.
    I got a no brand I thint turbo xs cold air intake? But I have the whole tsudo turbo back no cats

Going to probably go with the stock air box to be safe. Thanks everyone for The advice! I was on nasioc and they were no help just talked a bunch of crap. I am very thankful for this site and u guys for all the help

TurboXS is a very well known brand.. but Cobb does not have an OTS map for them, and I haven't looked at what their MAF scaling looks like. It could work with a Cobb map, but it's questionable.

I do know that many people have ran catless downpipes with the Cobb map that is made for high flow catalytic converters without issues.. but other people have had boost creep problems. However, as far as I know the td04-19t isn't prone to creep like the vf52. So I think you're safer in that department than the intake. You should data log regardless, and that will let you know if the car is running alright.

Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    TurboXS is a very well known brand.. but Cobb does not have an OTS map for them, and I haven't looked at what their MAF scaling looks like. It could work with a Cobb map, but it's questionable.

I do know that many people have ran catless downpipes with the Cobb map that is made for high flow catalytic converters without issues.. but other people have had boost creep problems. However, as far as I know the td04-19t isn't prone to creep like the vf52. So I think you're safer in that department than the intake. You should data log regardless, and that will let you know if the car is running alright.
    How do I data log?.and what map exactly should I be runing?.should I run the stox cold air intake?

Quote Originally Posted by sanchez213 View Post
    How do I data log?.and what map exactly should I be runing?.should I run the stox cold air intake?

The map notes for each map tell you exactly what parts and fuel is compatible with each map.. so use the map that matches your modifications. Deviating from the map notes could cause engine failure. COBB Tuning - Subaru Accessport

Thanks!!!