Subaru WRX Forum banner

I believe I have a bent valve

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Donkey 
#1 ·
I have a 2003 Subaru WRX. On my way to the gym I was going roughly 40 mph and my car shut off. It failed to start. I hooked my cobb tuner up to it and it gave me a P0340 code. (camshaft positioning sensor) I replaced the sensor and it failed to start. I did some research and everything pointed to the timing belt snapping. Well turns out that was the issue. It broke on the driver’s side. I bought a complete timing belt kit and installed it/timed it right. Fired it up and started to hear a ticking sound and it feels like I have half the power. My buddies and have told me I probably bent a valve.

Now I am weighing my options out I have about 14000 invested into it along with probably 3-5000 with the previous owner. I have brand new parrin fuel rails and a blouch 18GXT sitting in the box that I had bought for the ej205. My car has the pink STI injectors, Greddy 3 inch exhaust kit. a VF39 turbo is on it at the moment. Mishimoto radiator and the slim fans. Perrin front mount intercooler and piping kit. Also have a cobb tuner.

What should I do? Like would rebuilding the ej205 be a smart deal when looking at the costs of an ej257 swap?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.