Invidia n1 dual and single exhaust

This is a discussion on Invidia n1 dual and single exhaust within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Just wondering, is there any difference between the invidia n1 single and dual exhausts? Thanks for and info....

Invidia n1 dual and single exhaust

Just wondering, is there any difference between the invidia n1 single and dual exhausts? Thanks for and info.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Performance-wise minimal to no difference. Single vs dual is mostly a matter of saving weight (and the aesthetics). Singles weigh a decent amount less, but to me I prefer the dual look even if it weighs more then stock.
    Steve // 2010 Cadillac CTS-V // 2011 WRX hatchback (SOLD)

I Support ClubWRX
    Hi!
    I have the dual N1, and I agree with anxiouz. Nothing beats the sound of a boxer motor with a DP and a set of dual high flow mufflers.
    2013 WRX Stage2 Cobb DP Cobb AF intake Cobb airbox DEI reflectagold Invida N1 cat back GrimSpeed heatshield PTP turbo blanket AP Tuner custom pro tune 291 WHP 320 torque. Subaru WRX genuine Face Ripping ACCELERATION!!!

Thanks for the replies I was just wondering becuase I want to get a dual and I noticed that many people have a single. The dual looks better IMO, I can sacrifice adding some weight.

I have the dual, and I love it! I see absolutely no point in the single, especially for a car designed for dual exit exhaust.

I mean how much weight are you really saving? Will you ever notice the extra power from the little weight saved from one muffler and y pipe? I think not...

Quote Originally Posted by tesla317 View Post
    I mean how much weight are you really saving? Will you ever notice the extra power from the little weight saved from one muffler and y pipe? I think not...
    True

Even if you got the dual N1, you're still saving weight compared to the stock system. Those mufflers are just insanely heavy.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

True. I want being specific to the n1, just in generally.

Personally I think Perrin has the best sounding catback, even with it weighing way more than stock. The sound is worth the extra lbs.
    Steve // 2010 Cadillac CTS-V // 2011 WRX hatchback (SOLD)

Quote Originally Posted by anxiouz View Post

Personally I think Perrin has the best sounding catback, even with it weighing way more than stock. The sound is worth the extra lbs.
    I'm just the opposite. I'm gf has the perrin, i have the n1. I think the n1 has a deeper tone, and is slightly louder. Not to mention that fitment of the n1 is much better than the perrin. For nearly $400 bucks more, and doesn't align with the cutouts very well...And it can't be fixed with different hangers.

Quote Originally Posted by anxiouz View Post

I agree with this. I LOVE the sound of the Perrin. I don't believe that it's heavy than stock though...the stock system is just so heavy.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying