Cobb tuning parts... I need advice ☺
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Cobb tuning parts... I need advice ☺ within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have a 14 wrx hatch and was looking at building it a little and was looking at Cobb parts, ...

Cobb tuning parts... I need advice ☺

I have a 14 wrx hatch and was looking at building it a little and was looking at Cobb parts, I already have the accessport v3 and was just wondering if anyone has any comments on how the Cobb downpipe, catback exhaust, uppipe, or the cold air intake w/box are working for you. Thanks a ton!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I have a Cobb intake without the box n I love it . 08 wrx sedan

Awesome! Thanks... Anyone else?

I have an 04 WRX with the Cobb up pipe and downpipe with a v3 AP. I love everything! The parts are high quality and fit just like OEM parts. Easy to install and add a good bit of power to the car. Plus it sounds great now! I have an SPT catback and intake and I think cobbs parts are as good as SPT.
    That awkward moment when you realize that an energy drink company has a better space program than your country...

Quote Originally Posted by Jake2004 View Post
    I have an 04 WRX with the Cobb up pipe and downpipe with a v3 AP. I love everything! The parts are high quality and fit just like OEM parts. Easy to install and add a good bit of power to the car. Plus it sounds great now! I have an SPT catback and intake and I think cobbs parts are as good as SPT.
    Thanks Jake that helps a lot... I'm just starting to mod and am thinking of doing all Cobb

Honestly, I would skip out on the cobb parts. Not that they arent quality, but the price is not worth it. Look into Invidia. Invidia makes top notch parts, just as good as Cobb, but cheaper. Also, cobbs downpipe tapers to a 2.5 inch to match the stock catback exhaust. Invidia and other companies are a true 3 inch from the turbo back. Just a thought. Look around.
    2011 WRB WRX hatchback---Stage 2
    Stink-Eye Mob #301
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ld-thread.html <----Build Thread

I have their AP, turbo heat shield and shift knob. All are top quality.

I went with an invidia down pipe because it costs much less but excellent quality. I also went with an Aem intake because it is a cold air, not a short ram like Cobb.
    14 sedan Limited: AEM intake, Tomioka IC hose, Cobb AP V3, Invidia down pipe with 3" cat, custom 3" mandrel bent single exhaust, Aem air fuel gauge,Cobb knob,Perrin Pitch Stop mount, SPT front strut tower brace, K-Sport coilovers@1.5" drop.

07 Duramax LBZ- 26psi,intake, TBE, Diablosport programmer, Edge Insight with EGT, EGR block off, BD exhaust manifold, PPE fuel valve.

I Support ClubWRX
    I've got nearly 10 years on my Cobb catted TBE. It is all holding up very well through many road salt a plenty winters. The 2.5" taper is a merely a minor weakness in its design IMO. It comes right after the cat which is probably the choke point back pressure wise. I doubt anyone could find a measurable power difference in the short 0.5" reduction versus a full 3".

Image taken 7/20/2013:

Last edited by Sasquatch; 06-28-2014 at 07:34 PM.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

I got the Cobb short flow intake and box today (along with Invidia Q300 and a pro tune) and I'm delirious with excitement from driving it around all day.

That's awesome info all thank you!! Gorgeous pic btw

I Support ClubWRX
    I was stock two days ago. Just had a shifter kit.

Installed a COBB Catted DP, Invidia dual exit N1 Street, SF+box intake and the V3 Stage 2 SF 93 Octane flash.

Loving it. Sure...it cost me a few bucks...but I got a good deal overall from the local tuner shop. They are a vendor for COBB and gave me up to 15% additional savings.

Quote Originally Posted by Blammo View Post
    I was stock two days ago. Just had a shifter kit.

Installed a COBB Catted DP, Invidia dual exit N1 Street, SF+box intake and the V3 Stage 2 SF 93 Octane flash.

Loving it. Sure...it cost me a few bucks...but I got a good deal overall from the local tuner shop. They are a vendor for COBB and gave me up to 15% additional savings.
    What shop you go to?

I Support ClubWRX
    I go through an outfit called Garage Five Innovations.

I live in BC, Canada. Just a good group of guys. They do their best to meet and even beat American pricing.

Their work is even better.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.