EWG, 2013 wrx sedan stage 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on EWG, 2013 wrx sedan stage 2 within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So as of right now i have an invida catted dp, q300, and a cobb sf intake.. I am considering ...

EWG, 2013 wrx sedan stage 2

So as of right now i have an invida catted dp, q300, and a cobb sf intake..

I am considering getting an ewg but am confused on what all i need to buy.

If someone could just listeverything necessary i will need that would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    You will need an uppipe, dump tube, EWG, and a custom tune.

Oh, and a bracket.. or weld to hold your IWG flapper shut.

Okay is there any all in "inclusive" packages with all of that? Or do you have to buy the up pipe, then find the ewg seperate?

There probably are, but as with anything else, they will charge you much more than it would cost you to buy all the parts separately.

Hmm, makes sense.. So an estimated total for everything is around 650 right?

More like $1,000 all together.. how much does your tuner charge?

For quality parts, you're looking at around $800 in parts.. then add in the cost of a tune in your area.

Right now using tp for tuning, im stationed in south west oklahoma not much of a choice of places to go for a pro tune other than cobb plano.. Thats about 4 hours away.. But have heard they're pretty spendy.

You could also consider AWDTuning in Flower Mound.. they're closer, and in spite of the fact that I've had so many problems with that shop, I'm still inclined to recommend them over Cobb in Plano for a tune.

Hey man, I have an uppipe for external wastegate for sale right now. It was built by IAG, comes with dumptube. Will still need the wastegate and gaskets. But Im selling it for 175 shipped. It came off of a friends STi and was only on for about 2000 miles. It is in excellent shape, welds are perfect and no cracks what so ever. Here is the link with pics. Let me know if you are interested!

IAG v-band uppipe for external WG
    2011 WRB WRX hatchback---Stage 2
    Stink-Eye Mob #301
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ld-thread.html <----Build Thread

Here is a list of what else you would need if you were to buy my uppipe. (pretty much what mainframe said)

-38mm tial WG 263.20
    -GS uppipe to turbo gasket 16.99
    -GS lower upipe gasket 15.99
    -GS 3-port ebcs 117.17
    -GS internal WG bracket 29.99
    -ID 850cc injectors 480.00
    -DeatschWerks 65c fuel pump 149.00
    -Pro-tune(estimated) 500.00
    -IAG uppipe w/ dumptube 175.00

TOTAL-- 1747.34

I would def recommend fuel upgrades with this set-up. Talk to you tuner though, may be able to do so without. These prices were pulled from rallysport direct. Shop around though, probably find some of the stuff a little cheaper! A brand new uppipe for external WG is normally around 350-400 bucks. FYI.
    Stink-Eye Mob #301

3-port EBCS will flutter like mad on an EWG.. It functions great, but sounds like your car is broken.

Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    3-port EBCS will flutter like mad on an EWG.. It functions great, but sounds like your car is broken.
    I have heard that too. But aftermarket boost control is a must with an external wastegate setup. I wonder if the ebcs/mbc hybrid setup would work better....... All I know is that anyone that is running a EWG has some sort of boost control setup. My tuner told me that the 3-port ebcs is they way to go.
    Stink-Eye Mob #301

Quote Originally Posted by WRX-maniac View Post
    I have heard that too. But aftermarket boost control is a must with an external wastegate setup. I wonder if the ebcs/mbc hybrid setup would work better....... All I know is that anyone that is running a EWG has some sort of boost control setup. My tuner told me that the 3-port ebcs is they way to go.

I run hybrid boost control with my EWG, helped a ton with the fluttering. Don't get me wrong, 3-port with EWG works great, but it actuates boost pressure by quickly opening and closing the valve, so the EWG makes a very loud, distinct, fluttering noise when you get on it.

well these prices are just rising and rising lol..why would you say awdtuning over cobb???

Kinda sounds like this...
    Tial 44mm EWG w/ GS 3-port EBCS
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151401689713173

Headers + Custom up-pipe

IWG bracket

Tial 44mm EWG w/ custom dump tube (really tight fit, you may want a 38mm)

If you shop around on the classifieds here and Nasioc you may come up on decent deals like I did. :] Also, if you're going EWG, sell the catted DP and pick up a catless.
    2013 WRX Plasma Blue Pearl

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.