exhaust question

This is a discussion on exhaust question within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ok, so I recently had an invidia n1 catback installed on my 2014 wrx (hatcback) and am now looking for ...

exhaust question

Ok, so I recently had an invidia n1 catback installed on my 2014 wrx (hatcback) and am now looking for a catless uppipe and catted downpipe. I will likely go with the full Invidia system, but Im wondering if anyone has experience with the TurboXS or GrimmSpeed downpipes. How is the build quality and reliability on the TurboXS compared to Invidia? What are peoples opinions on spending the extra money and going with the ceramic coated Grimmspeed downpipe?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I havent heard of any problems with either brand. Why are you looking for a new up pipe? I believe after 05 or 06 they went with catless up pipes.
    Last edited by cflip2x; 06-14-2014 at 05:35 PM.
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

The 14 up pipe is catless. I like the up pipes by Cobb,Invidia and Perrin.
    14 sedan Limited: AEM intake, Tomioka IC hose, Cobb AP V3, Invidia down pipe with 3" cat, custom 3" mandrel bent single exhaust, Aem air fuel gauge,Cobb knob,Perrin Pitch Stop mount, SPT front strut tower brace, K-Sport coilovers@1.5" drop.

07 Duramax LBZ- 26psi,intake, TBE, Diablosport programmer, Edge Insight with EGT, EGR block off, BD exhaust manifold, PPE fuel valve.

if your gonna replace the up-pipe, you might as well get an EWG to go with it IMO. you wont get much out of an up-pipe with us late model guys....... if your looking to gain with an exhaust part besides the down pipe, i would suggest equal length headers. now theres a good gain right there.
    2013 WRX sedan - MODS = pretty much every bolt on besides a bigger turbo.

Yup, what they said. Adding an aftermarket catless uppipe to your car will do nothing performance wise. Save up your money and do a uppipe for a external wastegate. Just know that you will also need injectors, fuel pump, wastegate, ebcs, pro-tune, and might as well throw in an aftermarket manifold too if you go that route.
    2011 WRB WRX hatchback---Stage 2
    Stink-Eye Mob #301
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ld-thread.html <----Build Thread

If you throw in the manifold and injectors, might as well do a tgv delete and air pump delete while youre in there.

I.e. just get a DP and youll be just fine OP

Oh and how do you like the N1? Is it the dual street?

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk