Needs some help

This is a discussion on Needs some help within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So I have a 2014 Wrx stock except Tomei exhaust and Turbosmart BPV and today I installed a Prosport boost ...

Needs some help

So I have a 2014 Wrx stock except Tomei exhaust and Turbosmart BPV and today I installed a Prosport boost gauge. When everything was finished I started it up and at idle it sat at -28/29 Hg and full boost it was at about 12psi. Is that normal? I had a turbo Mr2 before this and I never remember it being that low. Also on my test drive, I noticed that the car was backfiring a bit under light boost loads. Things weren't right so I went back and checked all the line to make sure nothing was leaking and it seemed good. I went for another run and the same thing. Then I thought maybe it was because of the BPV so i put the stock one on and still reads the same. Any ideas?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Does the exhaust you installed require a tune?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

No its just a cat back. The backfire problem was the BPV. After the stock one was put back on the backfire stopped but the vac is still a little weird.

Hendersonville, North Carolina, United States
    Yea that's about stock boost on wrx.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I ha1@ve stage 1 and its 13.5 not much more, just smoother!

I Support ClubWRX
    Should read between 18-20 inHg at idle.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

I Support ClubWRX
    I wonder if the gauge is accurate as I don't see how to generate more vacuum at idle.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

U could have a leak?

I Support ClubWRX
    Could it be just something as simple as zeroing the gauge. When I installed mine I had to use a small Allen wrench to adjust the needle to zero. Ive noticed the pro sports are not 100% as acurate.
    But for the price its not bad.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

Yeah I had to zero the gauge. Never had to do that before and as I was adjusting the brightness I saw another spot and tried it out and saw the gauge move around. Smh all that time wondering what was wrong and it was so simple
    Oh she ratchet!