STI BUILD SOUND
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on STI BUILD SOUND within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I am getting my STI professionally upgraded with a FP green turbo, cobb cat less down pipe, and Q300 exhaust. ...

STI BUILD SOUND

I am getting my STI professionally upgraded with a FP green turbo, cobb cat less down pipe, and Q300 exhaust. It is also getting bigger 1000cc injectors and fuel pump. How do you think this STI will sound as far as turbo?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I didnt know that cobb made a catless DP. Sound as in turbo spool? If your having that done why not throw on and EWG
    Last edited by cflip2x; 06-12-2014 at 05:52 PM.
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

Yeah I mean are people going to hear it? Whats an EWG do? I will mention it to my tuner.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    How it will sound? Like a car....
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

^ I don't even know why you would waste your time commenting. I'm just curious b/c Im dumping $7000 into my STI

I Support ClubWRX
    I cant see this tread getting a little crazy with some possible "Do you know what your are doing", Did you tread theses stickies" and "Did you even do any research" comments

If you can provide some background about what year is the car, what are your goals with the car, previous driving experience, age (dont have to be specific if you dont want), will this be a daily driver or a track car.

Once you build boost with a new intake you will hear a stock turbo spool. The car will sound like a car when casually driving around.

EWG - External Wastegate

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by cflip2x; 06-12-2014 at 07:41 PM.
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

It is a 2013, I just wanted to hear the turbo whine after you let off the throttle. I have a typhoon on it now, just wanted more. All those modifications would bring me to around 415 horsepower, which doesn't matter. I just like the noise.

I didn't know if this "slightly bigger" turbo would make a difference.

I Support ClubWRX
    Is your car tuned for the intake?

What do you mean by turbo sound? Like hear it spooling and sucking in air?

Turbo wine after you let off throttle?

Are you sure you want to drop that much on the car for as you put it "the noise"
    Are you just trolling?

Have you driven a car with 400hp + ?
    You may want to take a quick read if you havent seen this yet.
    http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=1393580

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

No my car isn't tuned for the intake, but it is going to be. My big question is how much difference would that FP green turbo make?

Yeah I have a 400+ horsepower car before, just treat them with respect and you'll be fine.

I Support ClubWRX
    Sorry don't have much experience to answer that question someone else might
    From what it sounds just from reading some of your posts you are not too familiar with the car (which happens the forums help to learn more) and your willing to spend large amounts of money on something (in my opinion) that you don't need just to sound all "Fast & Furious" if you can provide more info it could clear things up and could possible direct on other possibile mods that you can do with the car.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

Well if I kept the stock turbo, would a catless downpipe help a lot? That is with a tune.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by bxpxw View Post
    ^ I don't even know why you would waste your time commenting. I'm just curious b/c Im dumping $7000 into my STI
    So..........you dumped $7000 into to your STI and you are worried about the "sound"? Okay............jump on Youtube and watch some videos with cars with similar mods then.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

I Support ClubWRX
    Well if I kept the stock turbo, would a catless downpipe help a lot? That is with a tune.
    I'm going to be honest, you really need to either spend some time reading the plethora of information on this site or trust your tuner.

I understand the want to have your questions answered on a personal basis but, what you're asking has been answered very thoroughly in the threads I've linked below. If you really want to learn about your car take some time and read through these stickies. If at that point you feel that your questions haven't been answered or you had a more advanced question please feel free to ask.

First Modifications - what to do and not to do
    Intake FAQ
    Exhaust FAQ
    Fuel System 101 FAQ
    Public Service Announcement. "I want 400whp!" Are you sure? - NASIOC
    Exhaust Video/Sound Clips

I'm just curious b/c Im dumping $7000 into my STI
    Oh and you might want to get a break down of that bill. I don't think the things you've listed equal $7000. Unless you're having someone else install it and at that point these are questions you should be asking that person. You are trusting them with your car after all.
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.