poor throttle response

This is a discussion on poor throttle response within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; ok guys, in need of a little help. installed up pipe with no cat and bell mouth down pipe with ...

poor throttle response

ok guys, in need of a little help. installed up pipe with no cat and bell mouth down pipe with no cat on my 2002 wrx. throttle response is poor until boost builds up. from a stand still, i can nail the throttle wide open and it doesn't pull hard at all until around 3500 rpm (max boost). boost isn't the issue and the car runs perfect, no stumbling, no nothing, no check engine light, no codes, just poor throttle response.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Have you given the ECU time to adjust? It will need 50-100 miles to really get settled in. Also, I remember when doing just the uppipe and downpipe on my 02 with no tune, it felt like there was nothing down low, then the turbo kicked in hard.

If you really want to improve off boost power, you're going to need to get a tune. It makes a world of difference, most noticeably in that area before boost builds up.

never thought about that. i've only put about 9 miles on it so far. will def give it a try. just hope it will help cause the only other thing i can think of is a bad MAF cause i've seen those go out and not trip any DTC's in the ECU

I Support ClubWRX
    It's also possible you have a pre-turbo exhaust leak.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S