Bellmouth vs. Divorced Wastegate catless - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Bellmouth vs. Divorced Wastegate catless within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by WRX-maniac Ok, got ya. Eric is very good, so im sure you will be pleased with the ...

Quote Originally Posted by WRX-maniac View Post
    Ok, got ya. Eric is very good, so im sure you will be pleased with the tune. Im actually thinking about going with torqued performance stage 2 as well bc he supports my perrin intake. Im currently running the perrin stage 2 for the intake, but I feel there is still room for improvement. And from all the satisfied people on here running a map from Eric, I think Ill give it a shot. Let us know how it turns out!
    So I've been running the TP stage 2 map for three weeks now and boy does it make a difference. The map's great and the turbo spools up much more quickly. I would definitely recommend the TP map. The catless downpipe sounds great too you can hear the turbo spool up and the car just sounds more throaty. So far I have no issues with the map and hopefully I won't have to deal with any. Thanks for the help guys!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    A good safe bet is a Low waste gate map. They do tend to over boost when cat less. You could also get a boost controll solenoid to regulate boost. If you go that route install solenoid before tune. I like the Cobb bel mouth DP best but it is $600 unless you know somebody. I thought I would stop at DP, but the more you hear it the more you will want a cat back. Once the mod bug bites it's ON!!!!!!
    2013 WRX Stage2 Cobb DP Cobb AF intake Cobb airbox DEI reflectagold Invida N1 cat back GrimSpeed heatshield PTP turbo blanket AP Tuner custom pro tune 291 WHP 320 torque. Subaru WRX genuine Face Ripping ACCELERATION!!!

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by TownLine500 View Post
    A good safe bet is a Low waste gate map. They do tend to over boost when cat less. You could also get a boost controll solenoid to regulate boost. If you go that route install solenoid before tune. I like the Cobb bel mouth DP best but it is $600 unless you know somebody. I thought I would stop at DP, but the more you hear it the more you will want a cat back. Once the mod bug bites it's ON!!!!!!
    I've explained this over and over and over again....

Boost creep cannot be remedied by any tuning boost control solenoid. Boost creep is a mechanical problem and there are only a few ways to remedy the problem:
    1. Tune for lower target boost
    2. Port and polish the IWG
    3. Go with a catted DP or restricter pipe that allows slightly more backpressure
    4. Go EWG
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    I've explained this over and over and over again....

Boost creep cannot be remedied by any tuning boost control solenoid. Boost creep is a mechanical problem and there are only a few ways to remedy the problem:
    1. Tune for lower target boost
    2. Port and polish the IWG
    3. Go with a catted DP or restricter pipe that allows slightly more backpressure
    4. Go EWG
    Hopefully I don't run into boost creep if I do I'll go catted I guess or go lower boost

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12