'14 WRX equal length header
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on '14 WRX equal length header within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi all, I'm curious to see if anyone is running with an equal length header on a relatively stock car. ...

'14 WRX equal length header

Hi all, I'm curious to see if anyone is running with an equal length header on a relatively stock car. I currently have the stock exhaust with the muffler cut out and a y-pipe and straight pipe installed in place of the muffler. I am looking to purchase an intake and Cobb AccessPort. My question is if anyone has driven with an equal length header and minimal modifications? I'd probably end up getting a catted downpipe but I mainly would like the equal length header installed for the sound. I love the way it sounds and it definitely sets a Subaru apart from the huge amount of others in my area. I would get a protune of course, but I'm curious about this. Any input is appreciated, thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Well I guess my car is relatively stock (have yet to swap injectors or a turbo) The reason I installed ELH was for the performance gain. I'd go for a downpipe first cheaper and more performance gains. You may also not like how your subie sounds with ELH, you will lose some of the subie rumble.

KRISK's Rockin 2013 WRX Torqued Performance Tuned Daily Driver

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    It should be just fine, and long as you tune for it. Downpipe is more "bang for your buck" performance wise, but that's about it.

id say mine is relatively stock. i got the GT spec EL headers and i love them. quick spool and a nive power bump too. inside the car i dont hear a rumble really. but you can on the outside and with the windows open. its actually unique now, doesnt sound like everybody elses subaru, but doesnt sound like anything else either. i love it!
    2013 WRX sedan - MODS = pretty much every bolt on besides a bigger turbo.

you wont get as much out of the header without the downpipe
    2013 WRX sedan - MODS = pretty much every bolt on besides a bigger turbo.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.