Injector question
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Injector question within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I'm doing some major mods on my 2010 wrx some smog legal some not. I know when it comes time ...

Injector question

I'm doing some major mods on my 2010 wrx some smog legal some not. I know when it comes time I will have to pull it off to pass smog but my question is I'm going to 1300cc injectors can you pass smog with a larger injector ? I live in Ca and the smog laws are on the strict side. Should I keep my stock ones for when it comes that time ?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Injectors should have no effect on smog as long as the car is tuned properly.

I hope they're not Deatchwerks 1300s..

Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    Injectors should have no effect on smog as long as the car is tuned properly.

I hope they're not Deatchwerks 1300s..

I was looking at fiveo injectors

Five-O injectors are hit or miss.. when they do work they're not that great. They're used injectors that they modify to increase the flow. I would recommend going with a new injector, like what Injector Dynamics sells.

Thank you I will check them out. Side feed or top ? Is it really that big of difference ?

There's not much difference.. just that 04-06 STi came with side feed, basically everything else came with top feed. If you have a 2010 side feed injectors won't fit on your car.

If I may ask, what turbo and fuel do you plan on using that you need 1300cc injectors?

Stock turbo but I'm going to e85 and my tuner said that was a good size to switch to. I was thinking about doing a turbo swap but then that's a motor build, tranny, rear end and about a hundred other things so since e85 is everywhere where I live I would try it out. It was a toss up with water meth injection but I choose e85

I Support ClubWRX
    As long as you don't have a CEL, don't have visible modifications that scream "I'm illegal!" and the tested doesn't know what to look for you will be OK -- provided of course that your car meets the actual emission maxima. If you're polluting or obvious you'll have issues.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I would definitely not run 1300s on a stock turbo.. That makes me question your tuner's competence. Just get ID1000s for e85 on a stock turbo.

He originally told me 1000cc but with my fmic he said that's adding a lot of air for the turbo and if I want e85 with it I'm going to have to use a bigger injector. In his defense he said he really needs to get my car on the dyno but with a fmic it's hard to tell if 1000 will be enough

750s would probably be enough on stock turbo.. FMIC doesn't make your turbo move any more air than a good TMIC, you can run maybe 2-3psi more but psi doesn't equal flow. Anything over 1000cc will sacrifice smoothness and idle. ID1300s are designed specifically for e85 use, but they're not cheap.. especially when the car should run better on 1000s anyways.

I know people that have made over 500whp on ID1000s with e85.. on the stock turbo you're only looking at around 330-340whp.

I Support ClubWRX
    I agree with MainFrame, you definitely don't need more than 1000s for E85 with the stock turbo...and I highly recommend ID as well, I have them in my car along with a Walbro 255 and the car idles better than stock and runs great. I'm also just about to get tuned on E85 on 11 June so I can let you know how that goes and what my IDC is if you're concerned and can wait until then...just check out my build thread, that's where I'll post up my dyno numbers. Hope this helps!

I will get the 1000cc injectors then. 360 whp is what everyone is saying is max out of stock turbo and stock internals so I would think with everything else that's done to the car I will be at its limit

Yea I will check out your build thread for sure. I'm not in that big of a hurry I have some major mods I'm doing next month

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm pretty close to the limits as well, the only things I haven't done are TGV deletes/phenolic spacers, turbo inlet, port and polish the stock turbo and a few other small things...but it's nothing that would gain me any significant power to justify the pain in the rear and cost it is to do those mods. Thus why I'm holding off until I either swap out the turbo or go rotated at some point but that's WAYYYY down the road, the car is my DD so I'm going to make myself be content with whatever I get out of the car on E85...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.